• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Headhunter2

Mossberg 195K-A with checkering?

"Can I ask what it was about the checkering that made you think it was pressed?" How do I put it? It was not fine drawn but more open. Could have been done by hand but would have removed lots of wood. I now wish I had taken a picture of it. I may get to see it again as a friend knows the seller.
  2. Headhunter2

The other reason I asked if factory was it appeared pressed and not cut checkering. It would take a factory to set up for pressing process is my way of thinking.
  3. Headhunter2

Hi All, I just got back from a local gun show where I saw a 195K-A in a checkered stock. The seller said it was factory checkering. I didn't get pictures! Has anyone information on such a checkered stock on a 195K-A?
  4. Headhunter2

Mossberg 26C(a) model information wanted

I have found a second 26C(a) for my collection. From my research this is as original. I am now know of up to 5 26C(a) s but there must be lots more. The bottom one is my second more original 26C(a).
  5. Headhunter2

SSI One

I have found SSi-ONE barrels hard to find. I have been trying to add to my SSi-ONE. I am looking for a 22-250 barrel but would add others. I find the the 223 and 243 seem to kick less the my other ones in those calibers.
  6. Headhunter2

My 44US

I have a list of production dates but don't know how correct it is.
  7. Headhunter2

Mossberg 183K ??

A way to check would be to google parts diagrams for you model and the one a replacement bolt comes from. Havlins would also answer your question. I have gone to parts suppliers web pages and checked parts number to get matches. Bolts with different part numbers may still interchange though.
  8. Headhunter2

Seeking HELP in Identifying Mossberg 18.5" Bbl'd .308 Bolt Carbine ?

OP I see you have done some research so just to add, my Rem 788 has an 18" barrel, my Moss 810A 30-06 & 800A .308 both have the 22" barrel. My 800CV 22-250 bull barrel is 24".
  9. Headhunter2

Mossberg model 46 old model, need help on bolt disassembly

Just thought I would add a pic or two.
  10. Headhunter2

Mossberg model 46 old model, need help on bolt disassembly

I meant to get back to this sooner. I will use a bolt from a WWF31A (Model 40). In the picture you need to pull the knob out and insert a short split tube. I used a piece of and old shell case about the right size and cut to length, then slit to fit around the shaft. This takes the spring...
  11. Headhunter2

"I would give Havlin a call. (636) 937-6401" Second place I went. They never heard of it. I have been giving Cheryl information on this one. This model has been lurking on my mind for over a year, maybe 2 now. I was surprised to see one surface here in Canada. I managed to snag it so now the...
  12. Headhunter2

As the title says I am looking for information on this rare Mossberg model. The 26C(a) is not listed anywhere. I have one of three that I have heard of. Lots of information on 26C and 26B models but nothing so far on the 26C(a).
  13. Headhunter2

Just picked up a SSI-1 in 223 seems like a nice addition.

These are nice shooting firearms, I have the 223 243 & 12ga
  14. Headhunter2

no. 4 peep sight threads

Funny thing is after posting here about the #4 peep I was at the range yesterday and was given a #4 parts sight. It was also missing the windage nut etc. I thought I may have the parts needed to make it useful but turns out it is now my 3rd #4 missing the windage nut. It was also missing other...
  15. Headhunter2

no. 4 peep sight threads

Receiver sights were on 0.625" centers and used 10-32 screw size. The elevation and windage are both 8-50 tpi. 8-48 tap and die will work. thread for the aperture is 8-40
  16. Headhunter2

Mossberg model 104 US magazines

Hope this helps.
  17. Headhunter2

Mossberg 3000 Police

Nice find. I have never seen one. Thanks for posting.
  18. Headhunter2

Mossberg 183D-B

Lets see if I can post some of my notes Model 183D Bolt Action Repeater 3-Shot, Takedown, .410 bore only (2 1/2 & 3-inch), 2 shell fixed top loading magazine. Weight 5 1/2 lbs, barrel, 23" with two interchangeable choke tubes, Modified & Full. Plain one piece pistol grip stock. Made 1947-1948...
  19. Headhunter2

Mossberg 183D-B

Nice! I have the 183D-C & 183KB.
  20. Headhunter2

Mossberg Trappers Special or Model B

Saw your post on another sight but can't add any more information. Good luck with that.
Back