• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. K

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

I put a Knoxx Stock on mine. It's shooting high. Bead sight. Any suggestions?
  2. K

Differences Between Maverick 88 and Mossberg 500?

Re: Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88 Pump Action? The safety location and the action slide as far as I know. I bought mine specifically because of the safety location to add a pistol grip Knoxx Recoil Stock. I kept the standard speed stock on my 590.
  3. K

Differences Between Maverick 88 and Mossberg 500?

Re: need some info Maverick 88 is a good pick for an inexpensive reliable shotgun. I shot about 100 rounds through it recently. Buck shot and slugs. Pretty accurate gun with bead site and standard stock. Very light weight fully loaded in comparison to my 590. Paid about $200 new. I'd buy...
  4. K

Maverick 88 Pump Action Reviews...

Just bought a maverick 88. Been wanting one for a while. I also own a 590. The maverick at 18.5 inches is very lite and easy to handle around corners. I also put a Blackhawk Knoxx Stock on it. It helps ease the recoil a lot. The only thing I need to do is to do something about the bead...
  5. K

Should I "clear" my house?

I agree totally!
  6. K

Big racka sound

I keep my shotgun with a fully loaded mag tube, nothing in the chamber. I'll rack the gun to chamber a round immediately (my room is downstairs). If I have to move, Im already ready. I not going to rack the gun to "scare" the already bold intruder and give away my position.
  7. K

Operating in Low-light Conditions

I'd use a mounted light in quick bursts if I had to at all. You should learn to know your house in the dark. You have the advantage because you know your house. Don't give away your position!
  8. K

Defense Ammo

My house is brick all around. All angles I'd be shooting from would be directed to those walls. My distances are at 15 yards max. I use the Remmington 2 3/4, 1200fps low recoil 00 buck. That's good for indoor self defense. There are others that are good also, this is just what I have loaded.
  9. K

Tactical Questions

I've had dogs all my life and I love my current dog. My opinion is this. The dog lives for free, eats for free, gets played with, washed and cuddled. But if someone breaks into my house, it's time for the dog to earn its keep. Bark, growl, bite, do what you do. If she gets injured, I'll be...
  10. K

What really happens ...

Good stuff. I'll add those points to my plan.
  11. K

Practical Tactical

I can do pretty well with my Mossberg 590, 20" with ghost sights. Thought about mounting a red dot sight, but if I have to move quick, I don't want to have to worry about is the battery charged and, oh I also have to turn it on and select brightness. It's too much. I also have a Surefire G2...
  12. K

Magpul's Art of the Dynamic Shotgun DVDs

I purchased the three DVD set a while ago. Excellent!! Very inspiring and informative. I've practice their techniques all the time; speed reloading, combat reloding, drills... everything. I think it's one of the best shotgun DVD's out there!
  13. K

I think that "clearing the house" is best left to the police. Normally houses are cleared professionally by more than one person or teams. If you can buckle down and stay put until they arrive, great. If you have children on the other side of your house, then you should develop a plan of...
  14. K

Best home defense firearm?

I think choosing the best firearm for home defense would depend on your home layout, the people involved, and how you can tactically move around (if you must). If your plan is to hold position in a room and wait for the police to arrive, then either a shotgun or handgun would be sufficient...
  15. K

My wife and I sleep downstairs. I have two daughters upstairs. I can't stay put.
  16. K

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: My Mossberg 590a1 I'm diggin the bayonets! Awesome!
  17. K

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Not exactly sure how to get my photos in my post.
  18. K

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! My mossberg 590 #50668. Just added the sling and heat shield. I'm going to change the recoil pad to a Limbsaver 10121. Two up-combat reload; four down-speed reload. I'm also going to add a M9 bayonet! Home defense.
  19. K

What Mossberg Is Best For Home Defense?

For home defense I'd pick the 500 Persuader. More shots. I recently bought a 590 #50663 with ghost sights. Nine shots total with quick target acquisition. I love it!
Back