• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

AR-15 and Variants

Re: Why the shortage? Election? Around here, most of the sales on bolt-actions have already begun. I'm sure there will be a few buys after hunting season, but I've always found the better prices to be right before. I know I held out last year on a 308, thinking the same thing. I ended up...
  2. M

AR-15 and Variants

Why the shortage? Election? Hey all, I didn't think I was away from the scene for that long, but.... In my spare time (what little there is with finishing re-training), I started finishing an AR project I started a while back. Nothing special, just a very simple and LIGHT weight AR, using a...
  3. M

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Hey LES, Ya, everything's fine. Just been real busy working on finishing a degree, so I can figure out what I'm gonna be when I grow up ;) I saw this little red dot at Wally-world for $129. Looked very well built, and from what I could tell, the dot is 5 MOA. I would prefer to have it...
  4. M

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Anyone try one of these Bushnell's yet? http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-first-strike-illuminated-red-dot-sight.html
  5. M

Flex Your Mossberg

Flex system? Isn't this basically what we've had and been able to do, all along? Ok, so a few doo-dads and doo-hickeys are quick changing...and they've changed the grip and butt pads a little...and made it tool-less...hmmmm, still wondering how secure that's going to be. Oh well, can't...
  6. M

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Insight X2L on Springfield XD SC. Not the brightest candle out of the box, but then again, that's what the Surefire or Streamlights are for. The X2L fits the XD just right, has over 40 lumens and the laser for that little bit of added 'visual deterrence'. :lol: Still working on how to mount...
  7. M

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

might consider moving your wallet to your front pocket. I moved mine up there years ago, during a trip south of the border (harder for the pick-pockets that way) later found that it made getting to my CCW (at 4 or 5:00 carry) much easier, too. and, found that I had problems with lower back or...
  8. M

CZ

A few years back, when they were easier to find, I found a Bar-Sto 'threaded' barrel for my 75B. Also have an AAC suppressor for it ;) Just waiting to try it out, and replace the sights with elevated models, so I can make a video like this guy 8-)...
  9. M

CZ

Was thinking of adding one of these to the collection...maybe...but might just find a nice bi-tone instead. :lol:
  10. M

CZ

Yes we are, and yet it is. By the way, that finish is holding up with close to 4K rounds down the pipe. I've got a replacement barrel waiting for replacement, but so far, I haven't noticed any real change in practical accuracy ;)
  11. M

CZ

Nothing fancy, but... CZ-75B with 4 factory 16-rd mags and the 10-rd mag, Hogue grips (cuz I can still palm a basketball :lol: ) (ps - not dirt by the safety - just a weird reflection from some oil maybe :roll: ) I've never had a FTE or FTF with this thing. It has been 100% reliable...
  12. M

Redfield Revolution

Thanks Dan. Funny thing is - for years, it seems I've always end up putting a scope made in Japan (supposedly) on a firearm made in the US. Now, I have a firearm, made in Japan, and the scope on it is made in the USA :lol: Or at least the action of the firearm was made in Japan. ;)
  13. M

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Thanks, Lazy. I really wanted to pick up something to work more as a 'scout' platform, but this was too good to pass on. I may still have this one chopped down to 20" and re-crowned and threaded. But I think I might wait for the Varmint Special to do that to...
  14. M

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Thank you. The more I mess with it, the more I really do like it. I almost went with the 1st generation model, but I'm glad I waited for this one. The trigger is much smoother than on the 1st gen, even if it is a 2-stage. On my scale, I'm guessing that 1st...
  15. M

Redfield Revolution

Ok...got it. Posted some pix in the Long Arms forum on the rifle, too. But since I talked about the scope in here, thought I'd post a few pix of it, too. Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 in Leupold base and rings (Med). Scope was assembled here in Beaverton, Oregon (Made in the USA) and...
  16. M

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 - in 308 Win (or 7.62 x 51 NATO for you Zombies and Mayan Hunters) :lol: Redfield scope 3-9 x 40 in Leupold bases and rings (Med) - Scope was made (assembled) right here in Beaverton, Oregon - (MADE IN THE USA) and lifetime warranty...
  17. M

Redfield Revolution

I'm going to have the scope mounted and bore sighted, but have to wait until Wednesday, or maybe Friday. Been too busy to do much of anything else, can't even get out to shoot lately with the re-training program (aka - SCHOOL) I'm going through. But bright side is, one of these days, I might...
  18. M

Redfield Revolution

Great idea. But...too late. I bought the scope this AM. $169.95 at Bi-Mart, an employee owned chain, here in Oregon. I don't know that I could have got it much cheaper at the factory. But it is comforting to know that the factory (& Leupold) is only 20 minutes from my house. Crimson Trace...
  19. M

Redfield Revolution

Anyone have any experience with these? Thinking about maybe adding the 4-12x40 to my new Vanguard Series 2 .308. http://www.redfield.com/_media/downloads/Revolution_4-12x40mm.pdf I've already picked up Leupold bases and rings (Medium), and saw the Redfield in the case. Turns out Leupold...
  20. M

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Well, as it turns out - I'm in a holding pattern as the store that had the 20" carbine listed on their web site - actually never had any :x I've looked at the 24" rifle, and from handling it up close, the trigger system in the Series 2 appears to be the 2-stage...
Back