• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Smitty in CT

Pedersen Custom Guns

Great information!! Thanks!!
  2. Smitty in CT

Old member - been a few years - back again

Hey everybody!! It's been a few years since I've logged in... Still going strong, just a little wider around, a little greyer, and not as much spring in the step... Still, it beats the alternative Smitty
  3. Smitty in CT

mossberg 930

Welcome!! You've picked a great gun.... now try and wear it out.... Smitty
  4. Smitty in CT

JIC CASE

Here's an old thrread that also included the sealing plug manufacturer .. viewtopic.php?t=51 I think tithe guys name was Steve, he was the sales manager, e-mail: sales@general-plastics.com It's their 6" air & heat duct tubing Smitty
  5. Smitty in CT

.243 100ATR ejector stuck

I have a 100ATR in. 243, it has been a great gun but I have a problem I haven't seen before. The ejector "plunger" on the face of bolt is stuck down... the round extracts fine, but since the plunger is stuck down, I have to roll the gun over to get the round out. I've tried soaking the bolt...
  6. Smitty in CT

JIC CASE

You can buy one directly from WWW.general-plastics.com, they'll make them to any length you want.. Smiitty
  7. Smitty in CT

Springfield Armory...

Does anyone have any experience with the new XD-S?? I have a 4" Kimber Tactical Pro, but I'm looking for a smaller carry pistol, but since I don't want multiple calibers... I've played with one at the LGS, but haven't had the chance to shoot one yet... Smitty
  8. Smitty in CT

Duck Hunting

Mossberg 930 & duck hunting Sorry, but I'm posting this twice... Here and in the 930 section... Yesterday was "Youth Hunting" day here in CT I took my 14 year old out for his first "alone" hunt... We went to a local pond and set up the decoys, I set him in a bunch of reeds in the marsh then...
  9. Smitty in CT

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Mossberg 930 & duck hunting Sorry, but I'm posting this twice... once in the 930 section & once in the hunting section... Yesterday was "Youth Hunting" day here in CT I took my 14 year old out for his first "alone" hunt... We went to a local pond and set up the decoys, I set him in a bunch...
  10. Smitty in CT

New Member From Rhode Island

Welcome from "next door" in CT Smitty
  11. Smitty in CT

2 + 2 + 2 = 7 (Jokes)

Another little Johnnie... The school board and a group of visitors are observing a class. Little Johnnie's teacher is nervous because she's got little Johnie in her class... "Today we're going to go over the alphabet, if you know a word that starts with the letter of the alphabet that we're...
  12. Smitty in CT

mossberg 930 ftf

If it's not a dirty firing pin/ bolt issue, then the only other thing that it can be is dirt or grease in the trigger group. Take the trigger group out and make sure the hammer moves freely and doesn't bind or get sticky..... Smitty
  13. Smitty in CT

My 4X4 .338 Win Mag

I've got a 4x4 in .25-06... I had a couple of issues right out of the box that Mossberg took care of quickly & painlessly... However, If I had to do it again, I'd get the .30-06 instead, based solely on one thing and one thing alone.... the price of .25-06 ammo!!! I can pick up a box of...
  14. Smitty in CT

Hey from CT

Another welcome from a transplant... I'm originally from MA... Smitty
  15. Smitty in CT

Maverick 88 Pump Action Mag Tubes/Springs

Re: 8 round tube only hold 7 2 3/4 shells? The Maverick 88 & the Mossberg 500 with the 20" barrels are only 7 +1 capacity (8 shot total). The 590 is the only 8 +1 capacity (9 shot total) pump being offered by Maverick / Mossberg. Smitty
  16. Smitty in CT

Did you know OF Mossberg once imported UZI pistols? <PICS>

Re: Did you know OF Mossberg once imported UZI pistols? <PI Mossberg made (in North Haven, CT) the Mini - UZI SMG pistols under contract from UZI, they weren't imported, they were all shipped to the NYPD.... I don't know about the Galil or the pistols
  17. Smitty in CT

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: Harp Custom 1911's I like the Harp pistols alot!!! But... If money were no object..... I'd have a"Mr. Jones" from Cabot guns: www.cabotgun.com Who knows, maybe I'll hit the lottery someday.... Smitty
  18. Smitty in CT

802 Magazines ???

Yes, you can use the 702 magazines in the 802, but since the 702 has the bolt hold open after the last round feature built into the follower of the magazine, you'll need to take out the magazine if you want to close the bolt on an empty chamber. If you like to store the gun with the magazine...
  19. Smitty in CT

Turkey Season 2012

Re: 14 Y.O. son shot his 1st Turkey this A.M. OK, here's the story as it was told to me.... My son and 2nd Cousin (my wife's 1st cousin, I can never remember how that all works) went out @ 5:00 AM, they didn't bring decoys because Ronnie, the cousin, says they're a pain in the butt to drag...
  20. Smitty in CT

Turkey Season 2012

14 Y.O. son shot his 1st Turkey this A.M. Greetings all!! My 14-year-old son shot his first Turkey this morning with his Uncle Ronnie!! He's down in Northeastern PA at Grampa's. He was using my Mossberg 930 SPX (had the 28" barrel on it from my field gun, no optics, just the bead) and a...
Back