• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. L

Mossberg 185KA 20ga Bolt Action

Don't worry about using it- I've put 1000's of rounds thru mine and it still works as good as new. I guess it is just about "broken in" LOL. Just keep it clean- it will last forever.
  2. L

Model 385

It is not a bad gun for the price. One bit of a headache- it is difficult to rig the mag if you buy extras sometimes. If it feeds well-don't mess with it. It can be a "stock breaker" if you shoot 3" magnum loads. Stick with the 2 3/4. Oh- if you use slugs- make sure the choke is full open- or...
  3. L

Verbal warning or silent strike?

Situations are fluid and dynamic, but if you have to fire your weapon- just make sure there is only one story to tell!
  4. L

Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection?

Re: Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection I'd like to reply, but I couldn't hear anything that was said on the topic! Hearing loss is cumulative. For the younger set -you may not notice it but keep shooting without some protection and when you join the grey haired generation...
  5. L

Mossberg 185KA 20ga Bolt Action

I've refinished a few of these 185's- I'm partial to 20ga. This is the best I have ever seen. Enjoy it- they are great shooters. BTW- yes you can shoot skeet, but you have to be fast and the gun has to feed perfectly. Magazine adjustment is a real pain to get it just right. If feed is good-don't...
  6. L

Ghost Ring Sights

Re: Gunsmiths are crazy around here Polychoke did 2 front sights on the bbl's for my mossy when I added a grs. I use the LPA sights. $90 for both + shipping. BBL did not have to be re-blued. They use a low temp silver solder- I've put 500 rds thru it since with no problems.
  7. L

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: 500 Home defense/field combos?? A stock 500C should be fine. Have her try the standard or bantam models for LOP. an extra 18" bbl is about $75-80. If recoil is a problem- install a limbsaver recoil pad and if still a problem- add some fishing weights inside stock($3- walmart) and use some...
  8. L

Remington Slugger ?????

Oli has it 100% right! That price is excellent.
  9. L

HURRICANE PREPARATION KIT

One thing rarely mentioned- paperwork. Most of us have all sorts of important papers we need to protect. Birth Certificates, Homeowner papers, Insurance policies etc. I invested in a couple of Pelican Cases. Safes are not waterproof but these cases are and they are strong enough to withstand...
  10. L

HURRICANE PREPARATION KIT

Good stuff - all of it. Once you've been thru a bad one it changes the way you see your home. I learned it long ago- now- all i do is close up the shutters, clear the yard, prep the generator. Everything else is already in place. I've "hardened "my home as much as possible beforehand. Anything...
  11. L

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: heat shield question A lot of the time the people on ebay may not know what they actually have. Unless you know exactly what it is- don't bother.
  12. L

why are gun store people so rude and snobby?

I ran into the same and it can be worse for a woman. Most of the time I was just ignored. When I moved to Florida it was sometimes the same but not most of the time. I went to a few gun shows and started to meet some of the sellers. What a difference, especially after they realize : 1. you own...
  13. L

Random Stream of Consciousness

Be careful- gold is over $1800.oz.!
  14. L

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: Ghost ring /bead sight setup. Will it Work? http://www.precisionsights.com/Product/ ... _home.html This is the US Distributor for LPA sights. If you call they are really nice and willing to help you out. It is still a bit pricey but it solves the problem the right way.
  15. L

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Failure to Feed Complete teardown twice in 11 years? I guess if it ain't broke there is no need to fix it LOL!
  16. L

Remington managed recoil slug

My Dr. keeps telling me the best thing I can do is............... I just tell her- I don't deserve the best , what's second best because if I knew I was gonna get this old I would have taken better care of myself! LOL
  17. L

Oh the joys of gettin' older! The 20 i use seems to be like the 12 I had 30yrs ago. I am trying to do it gracefully. I may be gettin' older but I'm never gonna grow up!!
  18. L

Most 20ga are lighter than 12's. I got tired of being beat up by the gun. Sore shoulder and cheek bruises. I put an ATI stock on it and Limbsaver pad. Still had a few issues. Finally just added some big fishing weights into stock. Gun weight went from 71/4 to 8 lbs- problem solved and balance...
  19. L

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: Ghost ring /bead sight setup. Will it Work? Hate to admit what I paid! $173 for LPA rail mount rear grs (midway). Got a deal on front raised sight $50 each (needed 2) from precision sales, the LPA dist in US. Polychoke did the mounting on bbls- $90 for both + shipping (?). It was...
  20. L

Inside of barrel looks scratched

Agree! Probably lead and plastic wadding. Soak a patch in bore cleaner, wrap around the brush. I use an old cleaning rod chucked in a drill. Lot easier than 50-60 strokes and 20 patches to clean it.
Back