• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

930 magazine tube loose

I probably should have updated. I did go with the JB Weld route, and 50 high brass rounds later, it's holding solid. I know, 'should have used red loctite'. It didn't work It takes 550 degrees heat to bust red loctite loose, and 600 or so for JB Weld. That much heat will fry the camo...
  2. M

930 magazine tube loose

The original mag tube may have been cross threaded, by evidence of the shavings similar to a coil spring. The threads still bite, appear good (small mirror checked), and the tube spins on to the reciever fine. I'm resorting to a more aggressive solution. (Btw, this 930 is a s/n of...
  3. M

930 magazine tube loose

... so the red loctite didn't hold, either. Drat.
  4. M

930 magazine tube loose

Okay, just got red loctite. Power blast takes care of residue. We'll try that overnight.
  5. M

930 magazine tube loose

Yes, did clean both receiver and magazine tube threads with power blast soaked rag. My second idea, with using the set screw idea, I came up with the modification to that idea: after drilling and tapping the receiver, then screw the mag tube back in, mark where the hole lines up to the...
  6. M

930 magazine tube loose

I bought a used 930 turkey, traditional grip stock, camo , 24" barrel. The magazine tube was crimped at the end where the magazine spring retainer clip is, and the threads were shaving, like a coil spring. Bought a new replacement magazine tube from Mossberg. This new magazine tube will...
Back