• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

How to? Remove mag tube spring retainer

Searched but couldn't find anything on the forum and the manual didn't seem to say how to remove the internal stop at the end of the mag tube? It is a 930 field / security so it comes limited by 2 shells with the wooden dowell. I got the dowell to come out of the hole but wanted to just give...
  2. S

Just ordered...!

Got out today for the first time with 930 after first breaking down and cleaning. I only used used the 18.5" barrel. The store also only had 3" buckshot but I said whatever and grabbed 2, 15 shell boxes. Also had 25 each of Remington and Winchester 2.75 target loads (both 1200 fps)...
  3. S

Just ordered...!

Thanks tcecil, that makes me feel a lot better. It does look like intentional multiple hits with something round and metal like a punch done with pretty good force. I just can't understand why they would do it right above the chamber and after it's finished to expose some bare metal? On a...
  4. S

Just ordered...!

Hopefully pics come in haven't tried using this app (tapatalk). Ok so here is the new 930 field / security with 18.5" barrel. Also pics of issues on barrel. Last one shows the bluing rubbing off, but I'm more concerned with the nick....keeps looking bigger and worse each time I see it. It...
  5. S

Seal ring? Also loose trigger?

Stoop I understand your confusion about the seal ring! I just got my 930 field / security combo last night and for a second thought I was losing my mind! Mine does not have the seal ring for what it's worth. At first I was looking at the smaller "how to switch the barrel" pamphlet which only...
  6. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions Mr821907 is saying that the Nordic +2 with extension cap (XL) comes up 5/16" short of the 18.5" barrel / muzzle - at least with field / security package. That means the XXL extension would go out past and so would the +3 extension which I do not like...
  7. S

Just ordered...!

Thanks, saw the pics...good to know its the XL (3/4") and not the XXL (1.5") extension cap that gets it to flush with the 18.5" barrel. Now, is it just looks or could it just barely allow an extra shell is the real question? I read a review (link below almost at the bottom) that they thought...
  8. S

Just ordered...!

First shotgun - 930 field / security combo! Can't wait to get it. Online paid just under $500 including the shipping insurance and FFL nearby only charges $20 so I'm happy with the price out the door for a semi auto with 2 barrels. I debated getting the spx and buying a longer barrel, but...
  9. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: spx rail prevent sighting w/ 28" vr fiber optic barrel? Thanks! That pic set was exactly what I wanted to see.
  10. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: Buy a barrel or new gun for Trap? I have a similar question on another thread but have not heard back yet. I'm wondering if the rail could be left on and sighting on the 28" barrel with fiber optic sight would still work...or would you just see the edge of the rail cause it's up to high...
  11. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

spx rail prevent sighting w/ 28" vr fiber optic barrel? Hi, saw this forum from xdtalk. I was all set on wanting a 930 field/security combo, and figured I'd add a Nordic +2 mag extension so it stays flush with the shorter barrel. Then I read here it still won't get up to 7+1 that way. Is it...
Back