• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. W

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Yep. The 590's are great shotguns but there are only so many to go around and since my line duty guys come first they get them. I guess an old Captain that drives a chair around a desk most of the time can get by with the 500! The short barrel on the 590 is...
  2. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Thanks guys. I have not had much time here of late with graduations, T-ball and work. I will look into the CDM mount. I've got an older Insight Technology M3 that I was planning on using on it but I also have a TLR 3 that resides on my AR that might find it's...
  3. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Just came back in from running about 50 rounds through it. Assorted full power 00 Buck, reduced recoil 00 Buck shot shells and a slug. Runs like a topand I have agree with you Rossignol, I'm liking that Hogue stock. No time to pattern it but it seems ok. I was...
  4. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Dan, not really sure who makes it because I got it off gunbroker and I think it is a repackaged item that is put into the sellers packaging. It is a really high quality piece though. I was worried about it until it got here and I saw it. The seller is...
  5. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Here is the side saddle.... Here is a pic of ths sight installed on the barrel as well as the swivel studs..... The final installment to follow. Wolfgang
  6. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Well it's as done as it is going to be until I can find another way to mount the light I want on it. I was giong to use a small rail mounted on the slide but where I want to put it, the light won't fit freely on it and interfers with the barrel. I added a...
  7. W

What tactical/military watch and why???

That watch looks pretty good. What did that end uup costing if I might ask? Wolfgang
  8. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Ok, I have to keep this one short cause it's late but here is the outcome of refinishing the receiver and the magazine tube....before and after.... It turned out ok I guess. I spent two hours scrubbing parts down. :cry: I don't know how the trigger on the...
  9. W

Re: Tactical watch??? I've got no clue what model it is but it was a walmart cheapie. I think I spent about thirty five bucks on it. Wolfgang
  10. W

Shotgun Bead Sights

Re: Meprolight Tritium Mossberg 500/590 Shotgun Bead This is what I just put on my project 500 barrel. I put it on a plain cylinder bore 18" marine coat finished barrel and as usual the sights threaded stud protruded down into the bore and didn't line up. Having messed with this sort of...
  11. W

New from GA

Welcome scandmx5, I have only been here a short while but I can tell you that so far this is a great group. I think you'll enjoy it here. Wolfgang
  12. W

Re: Tactical watch??? Mine is a tactical Timex! :twisted: Has the indiglo feature so I can see it if I happen to get stuck on a night shift and the "why" is because it was cheap and it just continues to work. If it gets destroyed at work I'm not out a whole lot and since the city has a $75.00...
  13. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Ok, I finally made it off the mower just in time by the looks of it outside. :evil: So the winning vote so far has been flat black so that's what it is! Rossignol is this the sight you are reveiwing? I just got it fit properly and screwed into the barrel...
  14. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Ok, time for an opinion. I am going to have stop on this to dodge in between thunderstorms and hopfully get my wheat field (Lawn) hacked down but I was going to scuff up the now empty receiver, more than it already is, of the 500 and turn it flat black. Flat...
  15. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service The barrel that I'm going to use I just got a few days ago off off gunbroker for about $75.00. It's an 18" cylinder bore with the marine coat finish on it. This is the barrel... And this is the sight that I am currently fitting for the barrel to replace the...
  16. W

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service Back with more on the project. This is the shotgun that the 500 will be replacing... I have used this shotgun for several years for both duty and for training and I couldn't begin to say how many rounds have been put through it with not one single problem of...
  17. W

Project 500 HD Police Service Well I picked up a Mossy 500A a while back for $75.00 with the intention of building a cruiser gun after giving up the last departmental short barrel 590 to another officer who needed it more than I did. :cry: The shoty came with a rifled slug barrel as well as...
  18. W

Exotic Ammo Collection

Re: Any Ammo Collectors? That's the old 200gr Speer 45ACP ammo that had a huge gaping hollow point on it. Didn't feed well in a lot of the pistols back in the day without having work done to them. I tested some a while back and suprisingly they really didn't expand very well, at least the lot...
  19. W

New Guy from Ohio

ripjack, Not really any suggestions as to a school. I would say if it is at all possible to attend one that you are with an instructor that provides hands on experience. The last formal course I had was with Ron Carter in an armorers course for the AR15 that was sponsored through Rock River...
  20. W

New Guy from Ohio

Rossignol, Here is a picture of the butt cuff I made for my Savage model 350 that's in my cruiser. Like I said, not nearly up to the standard of what you are putting out but hopfully I'll get better with time and more practice! :lol: Wolfgang
Back