• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Y

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

Everyone has a lever action a shot show right now. I've seen at least 6 new models from different companies. They were all at least $1000-$1400 dollars. It would seem that Mossberg would make a killing on a semi-cheap lever action. Too bad they quit offering them.
  2. Y

88 vs 590 a1 tactical?

The 590A1 has a beefier barrel. All 590's have a metal safety and trigger guard. The 500 and 88 has polymer in those places. The military considered the 590 more reliable because of the metal parts. The 88's foregrip doesn't change as easily as the 500 and 590. It is pinned, where as the 590 and...
  3. Y

88 vs 590 a1 tactical?

I agree with the guys above. Both are great guns, though the 590 is more durable and easily accessorized. I own 2 500's. I personally would get the 590. I'm an accessories guy. I love tactical guns. Although 80% of the accessories will fit the 88. $400 is a steal for a 590. I paid that 10 years...
  4. Y

I just watched a guntuber review this. It was trash. It didn't cycle well....at all.
  5. Y

I remember when the 464 SPX first came out, people thought it was an abomination. A tactical lever action makes no sense. Look back in the forums. The comments are still there. I've had this gun since 2016. Just remember, we started this tactical lever action revolution!!!
  6. Y

Hey, I didn't realize that there were 3 generations of the 464 SPX. I have pictures of mine earlier in this feed. It is a first generation with the rails literally screwed to the side of a plastic forgrip. The second generation ditched the crappy forgrip for an all in one design with three...
  7. Y

Used 464 Spx on Gunbroker.com for $800. Buy it now for $1200. Price is definitely going up fast. Amazing. Still gonna keep mine.
  8. Y

Yup. No more 464.
  9. Y

Mossberg Model 479

Is this a new gun?
  10. Y

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

I've been thinking. Lots of newer lever guns have popped up in the last few years. The Marlin dark series, ruger has their hand in it, Henry has made new guns. Maybe Mossberg's sales were down on the 464, and this is their way of bowing out. Either way, I'm keeping my Spx.
  11. Y

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

I have a 2012, first gen 464 SPX. Mine also has worked flawlessly. The price of these guns have went up an surely will go up more. I'm glad that I jumped on mine as soon as I saw it.
  12. Y

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I own 2 500's. I've never seen that on my 500's.
  13. Y

What's "wrong" with the 464

Also to add to the other answers, I have never had an issue with my 464 SPX. I've read about stringing issues. I've read of extractors breaking. I've read of feed issues, but haven't had a single issue out of my very early model 464 SPX. Maybe because it is an early model, or maybe because it is...
  14. Y

I was doing some looking around on YouTube. A guy says that new 464 SPX's are going for $650! I looked up one on gunbroker.com. A used one's current bid is $680!! I almost thought about selling this gun. But I love this thing too much to sell it. I'm only in it for about $500 bucks, but up $150...
  15. Y

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Honestly, I've never had an issue with my 464 spx. The trigger, accuracy.....everything runs great on that gun.
  16. Y

What calibers do you shoot?

And 223 5.56 for the last year.
  17. Y

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Never shot a .410. Sounds fun though.
  18. Y

464 Brush Gun Purchase

Oooooh. It's been years. Amazon, or gunbroker.com....maybe.
  19. Y

First generation the rails were removable. People cried that they were sharp and cut them. Usually they weren't using the included rail covers. Mine is gen 1. Yours is gen 2.
  20. Y

My gun was already drilled and tapped. I bought a two piece rail from gunbroker.com years ago. It screwed right on. One with two screws in the front rail section, and two in the back section. Also the shells come out just fine. They hang up if you short lever it.
Back