• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

835 safety slide

Also, don't put as much downward pressure on the safety when engaging/disengaging. Just push or pull without pushing down against the receiver. It will eventually wear in and be smooth. I've got a 930 that's smooth as butter, and I just replaced the safety on my 835. At first I was like what the...
  2. B

Checking in from New Mexico…

You certainly have an older 835 from all of the research I've done. Not sure when they started drilling and tapping them but that could be an indication of your guns age. The only 24" barrel you can get for the 835 from mossberg today is the fully rifled barrel as far as I know. So it's pretty...
  3. B

It says out of stock online but that is just in that particular camo pattern. It's available in multiple patterns and some are in stock but you have to call mossberg to order them, I know because I've been on the phone with them 3 times this week ordering parts to get my 835 back in tip top...
  4. B

The 10 gauge bore is supposed to allow for better patterning and less recoil according to mossberg. Idk how much truth there is to that 3-1/2" magnum loads still kick like a mule out of it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. B

I'm all about saving money and doing things on a budget and that's why I suggested the beretta. But like you, I too am attracted to shorter, more compact guns and I understand the want for a shorter barrel for easier carrying. That's why I'm planning to order the 20" tactical turkey barrel for...
  6. B

HD shotgun question

The barrel/mag tube I linked on eBay is smooth bore. I believe all of the 20" 500 barrels with the 7 round mag tube are smooth/cylinder bore. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

Good deal. That was my original suggestion as well on your other thread about the coyote gun. Hey it never hurts to ask right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Mic214, I've got a 28" ported vent rib barrel that I will sell if you're interested. Let me know and I can send you some pictures of it if you'd like. I am wanting to purchase the 20" "tactical turkey" barrel from mossberg to put on my 835 and I will no longer need the 28" barrel. Sent from...
  9. B

HD shotgun question

You have to replace the 18.5" barrel and standard mag tube with the 20" barrel and 7 round tube. You can buy the whole shebang on eBay for about $150-$200. It comes with the barrel, mag tube and spring. Link below. There are many more that's just the first one I ran across...
  10. B

Ammo

I don't think you have an ammo problem, I think you have a gun problem lol. I've owned my 930 for over 7 years now and I have never had an issue feeding it anything through thousands and thousands of rounds. I have had some cycling issues over the past two hunting seasons but it's because I'm...
  11. B

How to Read Shotgun Shell Boxes...by Jeff Johnston

Pretty neat. I always wondered what the dram equivalent was. Don't see it as much anymore, most these days just have gauge, shot size, ounce and length, but it's still good information to know. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. B

Shotgun choice for coyotes…

Of your 3 shotgun options. I would suggest the AL390 with the XFXL choke simply because it's what you already have. It only has a 3" chamber but there are plenty of capable loadings in 3" shells for knocking coyotes down out to 40-50 yards. Plus this option cost you any money out of pocket other...
  13. B

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pics of my Arsenal Nice. Im a sucker for lever guns.
  14. B

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pics of my Arsenal Yeah, it seems like every picture I see with them in that way the guy is getting his head chewed off. It like people dont understand that that is how they are suppose to be. And as for the .308 and 30-30, I love them both. The .308 is deadly accurate, probably the most...
  15. B

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pics of my Arsenal Great! We cut grooves in the pistol grip and the forend for your fingers to fit perfectly and its really comfortable. I shoot it with one hand most of the time. No recoil at all. The length and weight of the barrel balances it well and keeps it down. The full choke barrel...
  16. B

Firearm Photo Gallery

Re: Pics of my Arsenal Thanks. Me too. It handles really well even with fairly hot .410 loads.
  17. B

Firearm Photo Gallery

Pics of my Arsenal Been on here for a while, but finally getting around to posting some pictures of all my guns. Home defense (changed the mossy's barrel soon after this pic, shown below) Winchester Model 94 30-30 (excellent condition) The guy I bought it from had it for 15 years, and put a...
  18. B

Finally getting it the way I want!

Well I'm finally getting around to posting pictures. My 930 hasn't made any drastic changes yet, but it is slowly getting to the point of being finished. This is right after I got it home from my buddies house, had the 28" field barrel and the sling that i added. Addition of the 18.5"...
  19. B

Rail options for SG w/o extended mag?

That mesa tactical is one that I haven't seen before. And I definetly will do that. I have found several made by UTG, one made by laserlyte or something like that, and several others. Im just worried about them blocking my vision of the bead because of their design.
  20. B

Rail options for SG w/o extended mag?

I have a mossberg 930 and I need to put a rail on it for my flashlight, but I don't have an extended magazine to be able to use something like the Nordic mag clamp. So need a rail system that I can attach to the forend, the barre,l or the end of my mag. Preferably the barrel, I would like the...
Back