• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

12G Cartridge Interruptor Different Designs?

PjayUK66

.22LR
Hi all

I have an old 600AT 12G that I use for hunting here in the UK. Its a great gun but recently has suffered from occasional feeding problems. I ordered a replacement interceptor assembly (part no 631000230) and a cartridge stop (part no 631000119) from Brownells thinking it would be a good idea to replace them both. Went to fit the parts yesterday to find that the design of the new interceptor has changed and is different to the one in my gun. The new version has the cam milled into the metal at the rear whereas the original one was lacking this. I tried to install the new one, it went in fine but the gun was very stiff to cycle so I removed it and reverted to the original one. The cartridge stop went in fine and is the same the original so that at least was successful.

I cant seem to find anything on the internet about a design change apart from one youtube video but that isn't really very helpful. So does anyone know why the design was changed and whether the new version can be modified to be installed into a older gun?

Appreciate any help!

Back