• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

146B ID Question ... Help Please

rjtmac

.22LR
I purchased a rifle about 3 weeks ago at gun show off of a "Make Me an Offer" rack. There were a couple of things that caught my eye. One being a 146B in pretty sad aesthetic shape. Wrong stock that was broken badly in 3 different places, rusted from one end to the other, no trigger guard, no rear sight but the action seemed to work well - a little sticky but you could tell by looking the gun hadn't been cleaned in few decades. A real peach. LOL

With some negotiation I got the 146B and a Marlin 60 stock, barrel with receiver and trigger group for a total of $35.00.

When getting it home and I did some looking the old broken stock was not a stock for a 146B. It had been hacked on and gouged out in a couple of places to make it workable.

All of that to ask this ... Is there a 146B with dove tail front sight? I cannot find one in my research.

Barrel is factory stamped 146B. My front sight dove tail appears to be factory and the front iron sight looks like this. The sight appears to be broken off.

Mossberg%20146B_First%20Quick%20Pics%207_zpsgose29ki.jpg

Anyone got any idea if this is a legit 146B sight setup and a legit MOSSBERG barrel / front sight combo? I would appreciate any comeback with info. Thanks

Last edited:
If you don't get an answer here I would give Havlin a call. They are the pros when it comes to old Mossbergs. (636) 937-6401

old mossy - THANK YOU SIR - I contacted Havlin and they were a great help and a wealth of information.

Found out that the dove tail that is in the rifle is not standard OEM. Was cut in sometime during the life of the rifle.

Havlin Representative gave me all the information on the different front sights that were original Mossberg equipment and sights that could be added or substituted that were also Mossberg sights and would be authentic to the rifle. The Rep also gave me an option to to take the rifle back to using the original sight set that came on the rifle.

Back