• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

$18 DIY single point sling attachment

aksavanaman

Work In Progress...
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Since I was tinkering around with the polymer stock to shorten the LOP.. I thought heck.. why not try to modify the stock to accept the Magpul SGA single point sling attachment.

Here's what I'm talking about...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ8H5FW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

I got the idea from another person on a different forum while googling options... he did it on and 870... here's my version for the 590A1:D

First I marked where the sling mount aligned with the stock...
IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

I just used a dremmel with a miter bit and sander bit to cut down the portion of the stock where the sling attachments needs to fit. Not rocket since or precise work... just patience! You do want to be carful not to cut too deep.... because then the sling plate won't fit tight and presumably rattle. I just went bit by bit... checking my progress as I went along.

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

I left the cut slightly smaller than the sling stud... allowing to press it in as the stock screw is tightened. OHH... and don't forget safety glasses... strands and bits of hot molten plastic will fly in your eye... guaranteed!

Here it is all put together ready for your flavor of sling!

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Dude~~

THAT EFFIN' ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious respect, and I am also a little bit jelly.

No elfin' way. Must see Go-Pro of wood stock manipulations!!!!! I'd be scared like a six-year old girl.

Great thread.

Im liking these DIY threads

Back