• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911 Grips, Handgun Grips

Got the new ETC G10 panels from VZgrips installed on the RIA yesterday...

...and here's a close-up shot of one of the 'Turbo' torx screws...

I love these grips! They look and feel MUCH better than the factory panels.

Are those a synthetic material? I might have to look into that stuff!

Just ordered another set of G10 panels from VZgrips. They are Tactical Diamond patterned in Black Desert Sand with a Spartan Etching...

The Spartan logo grips came in last week...

Also switched out the grips on the RIA today to a new set of VZ Grips ETC-FRAG G10 panels in Dirty Olive...

I love the dual texture of the ETC panels and the FRAG pattern provides an incredibly solid grip...

I like the looks of the frag pattern! I need to see if I can replicate that somehow....

ripjack13 said:
I like the looks of the frag pattern! I need to see if I can replicate that somehow....

I had been wonderin about that! ;)

I found a router/dremel bit that might fit the bill. I'm gonna try it out this week if i get the time...
I'm also looking into the checkering tool, maybe the edger kind and it'll be a rounded checkerboard pattern.

I just realized I hadn't posted my new Beretta 92 Vertec grips here yet...

This outstanding craftsmanship is brought to you by our very own ripjack13...

Me too!

I posted them on the Beretta forum last night and I've been getting PMs/e-mails all day... :lol:

...and here's my second set of Rip's Grips. These are made from Hawaiian KOA wood. I'm saving these for my next 1911, but I wanted to try 'em out on my Springer so I could show 'em off. Ain't they purdy!!!

The fit is perfect rip! They snapped right on over the bushings and there's no play in them at all. Excellent work once again Sir...

Back