• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2.0" 12 gauge

4Adam41

Copper BB
Has anyone loaded any 2.0" or 2.5" shotshells. Would be in terested in how it was done if only using hand tools.

I've never come across any hulls but since 2-3/4" is so easy I never looked into it. Seems like a very obscure shell length and I don't really see any easy way to do it, with most loading presses probably needing custom length dies plus having to come up with custom wads as well. Is load data even available?

I suppose yours is an intriguing question simply because of the "Can it actually be done" factor and deciding what would make it worthwhile.

I had thought about it at one time.

Many years ago I was working on making the lightest skeet load I could in 12G. I had limited funds in school and was trying to make my supplies last as long as I could.

I was loading up rounds with 7/8 oz shot and had difficulty with the crimp due to a little space left over the shot. I never persued it any furthur and found another way around my problem.

Back