• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

+2 add on

frankb

I recently purchased the 590A1 and wanted to get more out of the shotgun so I ordered the +2 add on extension from S&J Hardware in Canada. I will not receive it until one week from today.
Does anyone have any experience with S&J or the +2 screw on extension?

Don't have any personal experience with S&J Hardware, but the overall feel here on the forum is very favorable...

Fit, finish and reliability are the best. Bear in mind that this is the heaviest setup out there except for the 20 inch Heavy Barrel. You may need to use a barrel/magazine clamp to increase strength.

Ditch the Remington 870 follower that is included with the kit, and the too-small magazine spring that it requires. Click Here To Find Out Why.

I can tell you that so far, communications with this company has been ZERO. I have tried emailing them three separate times with no response. I even told them if I did not get a response from my last email, that I would have to contact my credit card company and stop payment against them due to no communications and fear of a fraud transaction which has happened to me before with a different company. I am a bit too trusting I guess.
I really want to believe in this product and company, but they are making it very hard to do so at the moment. I have had to contact the USPS to try to track the package once it left Canadian soil and was informed by USPS that the package is due in today according to what they found with the Canadian tracking number.
Once this package arrives, if it does, I will post pics and what I think of the +2 extension on my Mossberg.

Why do they include a follower and springs for a Rem 870 in a Mossberg kit?

I figure they are too lazy to make one that actually works in a Mossberg.

Picture from the website, the slots are so the follower can fit thru a dimpled 870 tube.

My +2 kit arrived yesterday and I posted a review and pick of final install on my 590A1 in the mod section. Seems to work just fine so far. I have only cycled a full load of shells about 4 or 5 times now and it seems to be working fine at this time.
My personal opinion is I think these slots are a good thing for the followers. Any gun oil or dirt and grit build up that might get into the magazine tube can work it's way past the follower via the slots rather then cause a hang up in the feeding of the shells.

Back