• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2 piece AR gas block besides the YHM Spector ??

tattooo

.30-06
I'm in NJ & have a welded brake & my new daniel defense lite rail is too narrow to fit over the yhm gas block. Does anyone know of another brand or have any ideas besides buy a new barrel brake & low pro gas block ?

Unfortunately, once the muzzle is welded, it goes down hill from there and options become much more limited.

Are you absolutely positive the barrel nut and the lite rail threads are the same too? That may also be an issue.

I've been grinding it but im not sure even at its thinnest itll fit or work....2 pieces need meat to hold the screws.... & yes the nut works John.....

16" er shaw chromoly welded brake...yhm spector 2 piece gas block .....guess a spare for a future build

0d861df103132b9728b45564d78165f6.jpg

Got her back together for the most part....just have to remount my Leupold

Your sights are on backwards. Nice looking setup though.

I have several 10 rounders for hunting.

Strangely enough, we're limited to 10 when hunting with a centerfire. Go figure?

I want to get some 5 rounder in case it strikes my fancy to hunt with on someday.....get in trouble here if you got more than 5 round capacity hunting

Yep...any more & its in the way of the charging handle ....putting a leupold mark 4 i have on so they will just be back up sights

You can.

I've got Magpul MBUS on two of mine and they're both backed up on the receiver as far as they'll go without hanging off. Charging handle is still 100% accessible and functional...

Back