• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

28 Gauge?

kf4ocv

.22LR
I have owned 5 500's over the years. 4 12 gauges and a 16 gauge. Ranging from old poly-choke models, fixed chokes, to the accu-choke. I love the 500 platform it is dependable and easy to work on. Why didn't Mossberg ever make a 28g? I read one time that were plans but it was never produced. Remington makes the 28 in Wingmaster and Express models. I just like the Mossberg platform better no specific reason really.

They do make a 28ga Mossberg International SA28 semi-auto. Nothing in the 500 platform.

$675 MSRP That's not outrageous but........I collect 500's, I would have to really want it. You can spend 1,000's on a shotgun and they are nice but to me the 500 is a working man's gun. You can take any of them and knock birds out of the air with enough practice. If it breaks parts are readily available new or used at any gunshow. Maybe there is not a market for it but Remington sure is selling them. I just wanted to throw this out and see if there was any interest.

Back