• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3D printed hub style blind shelf

diyguy

.270 WIN
Im kicking around a variety of shelves and holders and hooks, etc for use in my hub style blinds. Here is proto 1. Time to fire up the 3D printer.
hub3_zps529f3b38.jpg

hub2_zps4bf166e9.jpg

hub1_zps8950503d.jpg

In my terrain, are very few level area's where you can place a tent or blind, so when they are used, are almost always unlevel.

So if you're making these for resale, you may want to make your shelf have taller walls so the stuff doesn't roll or slide off when you least want it to.

I dont plan to sell them. I have revised it and am adding 5 hooks to hang things. Imve also changed the 3D model to be a one piece uint rather than 2 piece. Ill print it tomorrow and try it out.

Or leave it a two piece with single six shooter and bolt type attachment in center then you could rotate it to match terrain and position

I revised my design and changed it to a one piece shelf. Here is the 3D printed shelf after painting. I used blue PLA but wanted it black so I painted it.
shelfb_zpse1075609.jpg

Then I picked up some hooks and added shrink tube.
shelfa_zpsa523612b.jpg

shelfc_zpsd97fa214.jpg

To quiet the shelf I used an old mouse pad and double sided tape.
shelfd_zpsf26045d2.jpg

shelfe_zpsb1a44408.jpg

Perfect fit.
shelff_zps70c9a6c3.jpg

Plenty of room on the shelf and to hang things.
shelfg_zpsbac1a32b.jpg

That's awesome.

If you don't mind sharing I'd be interested in knowing what printer you have. Been looking at them for a while and would be interested in any feedback you can offer. Thanks.

@diyguy How difficult is it to design the stuff your making. I had drafting in high school many years ago and an currently an IT guy but have not done anything in the area of CAD. Is it fairly easy to figure out or do you have a background in CAD/design/modeling?

3D CAD and product design is all I have done for the last 35 years. Creo, Pro-E, SDRC IDEAS, CADkey are some of the 3d Modeling software I use and have used.

Back