• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.410 slug def lethal

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
First this is a hunt vid with a kill if such thing upset you dont click the link !!
I love 410 i dont hunt big game with one or recommend but obviously under the right circumstances and proper shot it will work. This young man did it clean. Only thing i would add sounds to me like they were opening a bag a fritos as that deer came in id never get away with that.

A lot of folks downplay a 410, but I am a big fan of them for many things.

The biggest drawback I have to using a 410 is reduced range and down to about where I would feel comfortable using a handgun.

Like many of us here, I cut my teeth using a .410 because I wasn't big enough to handle larger guns when I first started hunting.

For many of those discussing it these days, that would be seen as a disadvantage, though looking back, I don't think it was.

It taught me how to hunt and stalk and having to get in closer made me a better hunter in the long run.

I have taught all of my sons how to hunt using them, and in doing so, allowed us to hunt together at an earlier age (before kids reach the stage where they know it all and actually listen and learn) and gives us a lot more time in the woods together than if I had to wait until they're "big enough" for larger guns.

I have also heard that the .410 is an "experts" gun.

I don't know if I wholly agree with that or not. It is what it is. And like any other gun, you need to learn it's strengths and weaknesses.

Once you do though, you can often write how the story ends yourself.

OMG YOU KILLED BAMBI!!!!!!!!!!!

That looked like a 5-10 yard shot, I've never gotten deer to come that close to a pop up blind.

People seem to think you need a belted super magnum to kill deer. All you need is good shot placement.

OMG YOU KILLED BAMBI!!!!!!!!!!!

That looked like a 5-10 yard shot, I've never gotten deer to come that close to a pop up blind.

People seem to think you need a belted super magnum to kill deer. All you need is good shot placement.
Lol i didnt kill it that was off UTube. It was def close.

Yeah, a lot of people think you need super mags to kill turkeys.

Or anything for that matter.

I agree. Shot placement is key to hunting anything.

Yeah, a lot of people think you need super mags to kill turkeys.

Or anything for that matter.

I agree. Shot placement is key to hunting anything.
Hey, I killed a turkey with a super mag!!!!

I also killed on with a xbow so I Have covered all the bases. LOL

Back