• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 .22lr disappointment

postjr

Copper BB
I just bought a .22lr 464 on gun broker. I was disappointed to see lots of play in the trigger and lever. I could understand the lever but not the trigger. The trigger is very floppy. Not quality.

Is there a trigger upgrade for this?

postjr said:
I just bought a .22lr 464 on gun broker. I was disappointed to see lots of play in the trigger and lever. I could understand the lever but not the trigger. The trigger is very floppy. Not quality.

Is there a trigger upgrade for this?

welcome from NY. sorry to hear about the problem you are having. i would give mossberg a call,,,,or email joe the mossberg rep.
customer service (800) 363-3555
Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I took the rifle to the range to sight it in. I was very impressed. I had to adjust the rear sights mounting since it was severely shooting to the left, beyond windage adjustment. After that it was flawless.

Awesome, glad its working out for you

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

postjr said:
I took the rifle to the range to sight it in. I was very impressed. I had to adjust the rear sights mounting since it was severely shooting to the left, beyond windage adjustment. After that it was flawless.

I had to do the same to my 30-30 rear sight.

Trigger sounds universal but after 200 rounds its dead accurate.

Well, my wife just said it's her's, she loves it. Now I'll have to try to find another, if that's possible.

I've decided when it's time for me to get "my" 22 lever it's going to be a Henry. I just can't get past the floppy trigger on the 464. The Henry's trigger was solid, "well built", plus it was $70 less.

postjr said:
I've decided when it's time for me to get "my" 22 lever it's going to be a Henry. I just can't get past the floppy trigger on the 464. The Henry's trigger was solid, "well built", plus it was $70 less.

just a hint, hold a brand new 464 in your hands before making the buy. just to see the difference between a new one a used one.
used you really don't know what the rifle went through. just a thought for ya. :)

My 464 is a brand new rifle. It was shocking to see the lateral trigger flop. Unfortunately I bought it sight unseen since 22 levers had been very difficult to find.

postjr said:
My 464 is a brand new rifle. It was shocking to see the lateral trigger flop. Unfortunately I bought it sight unseen since 22 levers had been very difficult to find.

i'm sorry postjr, i misread your first post. me bad. :) :)

did you ever contact mossberg about it?

I know this is and old post but a friend of mine bought a old winchester 94 30-30 that had some slop in the lever and trigger and he fix it by taking 2 old fashion feeler guages and went thru the blades until he found 2 of the same thickness that fitted on both sides of the trigger and lever.

Then he took one of the blades and cut 2 pieces and shape and drilled holes that fitted on both sides of the trigger than did the same on the lever. Kinda like making home made shims and now the trigger and lever operate like brand new and that been a few years ago. He just put a couple of drops of gun oil on them everytime he cleans it to keep from wearing them out even though the feeler guage blades are made from steel.

And you can get standard or metric feeler guages from your local parts store probably for around 7 bucks. Alot cheaper than trying to get parts for your gun :)

I know this is a real old post but I have a Marlin 336 and love it. The trigger is floppy and I am considering g getting the upgrade from Wild West. However if you look on YouTube you will find a lot of people that have come up with "fixes" for it. I'm sure this would translate to the Mossy.

Oldish thread, I know.

I've had my 464 22lr for a number of months now and have shot it quite a lot. I love it. A trip to the range and a nice big box of ammo is the perfect way to relax. The wood gets silkier and glossier each time it clean it. Its a dang pretty rifle too.

I would love to lighten my 464's trigger but it seems to be a bear to disassemble, The trigger pin for instance, has "flute" at one end make it unbelievably tight in its hole. The sear is separate too, unlike a M.....;) Unfortunately it looks like a $150 gunsmith job:(

Back