• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 SPX .30-30 & suppressor ?

DutchV

Copper BB
Does anyone know if the threads on the 464 SPX centerfire are concentric enough to use a suppressor?

I'd rather not assume and I don't have a check rod.

Thanks, Dutch

Welcome to the forum, head over to the new member area and introduce yourself: New Member Welcome Area

As far as the threads go, I would like to assume that if they are provided as such that they would be fine but I am not aware of anyone that has suppressed one of these. Hopefully someone else here can offer some more insight.

They should be straight enough.

But, there really is no reason why you can't have a check rod.

They cost like $5 at McMaster Carr for a 3 foot long rod.

Look up their product number: 8893K217 . I think that's probably the one you'll need for 30 cal. Maybe the the next size smaller diameter.
8893K216

Tight-Tolerance Multipurpose O1 Tool Steel Rods

https://www.mcmaster.com/#precision-ground-steel/=18fb22y

McMaster is worth a look. I've also sent a note to CNC Warrior, as they used to carry guide rods for around $20. And I've emailed Mossberg to see if they intend for this model to be used suppressed.

I tried doing business with cnc warrior, but the thread adapters they sent me did not have relief cuts.

Which means, the suppressors wouldn't thread all the way up to the shoulder like they were supposed to.

When I contacted them about it, their "chief machinist" said they don't do relief cuts because there was insufficient space to do it or some such nonsense.

So, I guess they just thread until their die runs out of room or something.

That was my last dealings with them.

Mossberg replied to my email. According to their tech, the 464 SPX in .30-30 has barrel threads that are designed to work with a silencer.

Good to know. Thanks for the follow up information .

I found something that may interest you.

I'll be the first to tell you that I really hate the AAC brand flashider because of that tuning fork p-i-n-g sound it makes. But this may help answer some of your questions since if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video should be priceless.

I found something that may interest you.

I'll be the first to tell you that I really hate the AAC brand flashider because of that tuning fork p-i-n-g sound it makes. But this may help answer some of your questions since if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video should be priceless.

The flash hiders for the Saker don't have the "ping" issue. The tines are cut to slightly different lengths. I noticed when I was installing one - you can't stand it on its snout.

I suspect that I'll be using a threaded adapter on this one, rather than a QD.

Next question, are there any iron sight sets high enough to see over a suppressor? Or is that a custom application sort of thing? Sure I can add a scope, but that's too easy.

I don't know of any suppressor height sights for the 464.

Actually, suppressors didn't even exist at all when lever actions first came on the scene. ;)

My vote is to scope it.

Back