• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 SPX forearm

Edward

Copper BB
I ordered a new 464 SPX a while back. Probably a year and half ago or so. When I received the rifle in The first thing I noticed was the forearm. The forearm on every picture I've seen had rails running the full length of it but when I opened my rifle it has 3 small rails at the very end of the forearm but it came with the full length rubber rail covers. I emailed Mossberg and they just told me it was the new design and they didn't have the longer rails forend available. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any place that has that specific forend/forearm available or if I'm pretty much SOL and either have to buy an older rifle or get someone to make some longer rails for it. Thanks

Pretty much SOL. It's super easy to drill a couple holes, get threaded inserts and magpul rail sections. I will be doing it to the lower section SOON.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Looks like you're stuck with maybe a couple google searches and a long wait.
short of looking to trade someone with the older model for your newer one. I not sure if the hand guard (forearm) changed during production years or is specific to the flash hider. My first 464 SPX has the full length hand guard (but no flash hider) I bought it almost three years ago. Last year I bought a second one, with the flash hider, and was surprised to find the hand
guard rails short like yours.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Back