• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500/88 Hybrid

Komodoj

.270 WIN
So I got a bunch of parts including a Receiver from a good friend. I don't want to really invest any of coin into this product. So my question is. I have a 500 Reciever and a complete part set from a Maverick 88. Besides the apparent safety differences will a 88 trigger group work in a 500 Receiver? If it will I plan on mocking up some kind of "Fake Safety" to fill in the top of the mossy 500 Reciever and use the 88 cross bolt safety so I will have one. So.... will a 88 trigger group work in a 500. Thank you in advance.

Yes, it will. One for one switch. It's common among some specific groups. At one time there was even a company selling a small tab of blackened aluminum to stick into the 500's safety slot to seal it. Cover the hole, though. DO NOT stick a 500 safety button in there with no safety connector! Someone will eventually think that thing is operable and it won't be. If you want to make the 500 safety useable, buy a part called a safety connector....it's the wishbone thingy that fits that slot just behind the trigger. You can pop the trigger pin out, pop that connector into the slot in the 88 trigger group and then reinsert the trigger. Bam! Two working safeties. But close that 500 safety hole or make it functional. That tab of aluminum, btw, you can make your own with a Coke can and some two sided tape.

Awesome. Ty for the update. I'll probably just find thin aluminum and fabricate something for the void and find some way of attaching it.

Back