• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 atp magazine follower sticks after final cartridge

Hello all. I've looked through the forums but can't find anything on my problem which I find hard to believe!
So I refurbished a 500 ATP with a new spring. Before I fitted it into the tube I cleaned the tube of all gunk etc from the last 30 years and put a couple of drops of CLP in and swatched it with my barrel rod to remove excess. I then reassembled the tube. Now when the last cartridge has been passed out and the gun and mag are empty I really struggle to reload the mag as the follower sticks in the end of the tube in its normally empty position! I've checked the follower its not deformed.

I wondered if I'd tightened the mag too much? I don't know but if I top off the mag no problems. Only happens when the mag is completely emptied.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Best J

You replaced the spring, but is it the original follower..? if its a new one is the end slightly over size, and sticking in the end of the magazine..?

Hello all. I've looked through the forums but can't find anything on my problem which I find hard to believe!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Best J

Why is it hard to believe?

Was it working properly before you replaced the spring?

Back