1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

500 B 16 guage

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by Brian Bilinski, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Brian Bilinski

Brian Bilinski Copper BB

Have a question did the 16 guage share parts with a 12 guage? parts like Butt stock, forend slid tube etc.
    The one i am working on needs some work was wondering if the parts mentioned above are
    interchangeable. Thanks !!!!
  2. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

They shared some.

The specific parts you mentioned, buttstock, forend and mag tube/slide bar were the same.
  3. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/53170A

You can probably find this part cheaper somewhere else. This seems really high to me.

I also wanted to tell you congratulations. I always wanted one of the model B 16 gauges.
  4. Brian Bilinski

Brian Bilinski Copper BB

Thank You! I was hoping so
  5. Brian Bilinski

Brian Bilinski Copper BB

I saw that one its a double bar but I bet I could make it fit by removing one bar. Thanks again!!
  6. John A.

I am not sure if you can modify it to 1 bar and work with your bolt assembly or not? Never tried.

The really early guns only had 1 bar. The rest have dual bars.

You could check the receiver to make sure someone else hadn't changed or modified it earlier. But, like I said, if it's a true 1 bar, then it's a really early gun.
  7. Brian Bilinski

Brian Bilinski Copper BB

I did its a true one bar very early model. Read a post on here that mossberg told them to have a gunsmith to cut one bar off seems like it would work.
  8. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

9. Brian Bilinski

Brian Bilinski Copper BB

10. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I believe they hold the threaded sleeve.