• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 field classic?

kurtis

Ok so on the base I'm stationed we can only use shotguns, muzzle loaders or archery. So I'm looking at another 500 to be the most versatile hunting shotgun, I have a 28 inch vent rib barrel already so I might just order the slug model 500 and that should cover most bases. I like the wood on the field classic but is it actually nice wood? I guess I'm asking if the field classic is much nicer than the other blued model 500s?

Have you looked into an 835? You can interchange the barrels with the 590. And those come in wood as well. Plus you have the options of using 2-3/4 up to the 3-1/2 shells.

Have you looked into an 835? You can interchange the barrels with the 590. And those come in wood as well. Plus you have the options of using 2-3/4 up to the 3-1/2 shells.
I looked on there website and seems thats not offered in wood. Im just used to the 500 platform and would like something more traditional. I have refinished some old 500 furniture if some of you might remember but since this will be a working gun Id like to avoid that route since I would be bothered if it got damaged.

Back