• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 parkerized?

lightsped

.22LR
My best friend has a M500. It is the 20" bead sight barrel model that comes with the regular stock and pistol grip. He purchased it new.

Anyways, we were comparing his 500 to my 590A1s and to our eyes, the finish on the receiver and barrel is the same as my 590A1s. I thought the 590A1 had a different finish compared to lesser Mossbergs?

Don't know about lesser Mossbergs, but does his 500 have the 590/835 type thread-on mag tube cap?

Some 500 models use 590A1 barrels and tubes. There is also a matte blue finish that's nearly identical to the parkerized finish...

No sir. His 500 has the typical 500 mag tube cap. Not the 590A1 version. His is also a 500 barrel as it won't fit on either of my 590A1s.

This particular 500's barrel looks identical (in terms of finish) compared to both of my 590A1s. I wish there was a definite way to tell, of course I guess it really doesn't matter....

@lightsped , do you know the model number of the 500?

The matte blue finish on my 930 Tactical is nearly identical to the park'd finish on my 'A1...

I do not know the model number. It is the M500 with 20" barrel, bead sight, 8 shot, and came with both the pistol grip and rifle stock. You mentioned the 930. Do you know if the 930 SPX is parkerized or matte blue?

Back