• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 trigger group

jgwills said:
Even if the Maverick and 500 trigger groups interchange which they don't you would wind up having two safeties on one and zero on the other. :shock: Unless there is some serious modification I'm unaware of I just don't see a trigger swap. Sorry guy.

Assuming they did swap easily.....................

Where ultimately your finger on the trigger is your real safety.......

I believe we have all come to an agreement that the Trigger Guards will actually swap without modification. We are awaiting the OP's find in his own project, where he will be replacing a 500 Trigger with the Maverick. So I guess time will certainly tell! lol

You make a good point about the above bolded text... But there is no concern of the "zero on another" because he is only buying the trigger assembly, not an entire shotgun. He also plans on removing the Tang Safety from the 500, eliminating the secondary safety. ;)

As for the "your finger on the trigger is your real safety.." sounds like a good heated debate boiling up :lol: :lol:

Itsricmo said:
He also plans on removing the Tang Safety from the 500, eliminating the secondary safety. ;)

But then there's a hole... thats not filled... :eek: :lol: (I like symmetry and filled holes)

aksavanaman said:
Itsricmo said:
He also plans on removing the Tang Safety from the 500, eliminating the secondary safety. ;)

But then there's a hole... that's not filled... :eek: :lol: (I like symmetry and filled holes)

... ... ... shove a set screw in there or something lol

aksavanaman said:
But then there's a hole... thats not filled... :eek: :lol: (I like symmetry and filled holes)

door_zpsba5013ae.gif

Yes you can use a trigger assembly from an 88 in a 500 and a 500 in an 88. When going the other way you loose the safety. I have seen a plug for the 500 safety when using an 88. I prefer the safety on the 88. I have an 88 and an 835.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Back