• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500c 20gauge stocks & barrels etc.

Fenix500

Copper BB
Hey everyone, I've just became a proud owner of my first shotgun Mossberg 500c 20g, paid 325, I would of been like 290, but I live in back asswards chicago so they have the chicago violence tax.

So I like to customize everything I own, and I was looking for stocks, forends, sights, and side saddles, but I can barely find anything for the 20g, I've read that some stocks will fit the 20 but I'm not sure about forends either I would assume that the 12g would have a slight wider magazine tube, can anybody help me any other 20g owners point in the direction where I can find accessories for my 20gauge.

One more question, my barrel is the 24in Rifle bore barrel and it has the rifle sights, I was wondering if I could use the front rifle sights with this ghost ring sight on the back, so I wouldn't have to go to a gunsmith
95300.jpg

If you have a rifled barrel, the first thing on my list would be a smoothbore barrel. And that would depend on if you are looking for a longer barrel with choke tubes for hunting or skeeting or a shorter barrel for HD. A rifled barrel should only be used with slugs designed for a rifled barrel. Most slugs you will find on the shelf are designed for a smoothbore barrel. Read the owner's manual or download one from Mossberg.

Ebay, Gunbroker or MidwayUSA may be a source for parts not to mention Mossberg directly. Once you have the barrel you desire, then you match the rear sight to it. I couldn't advise on the ghost ring with blade front sight...

Btw, Welcome Aboard Fenix! :)

Congrats and welcome from MI!!

I wonder how many of fhose actually committing violence are being taxed.

Back