• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500CL

That is a "Birds Unlimited" limited edition (I think). Is the bolt jeweled and is it 20ga? I had one in 12ga, 500AL, since sold. It was too nice to shorten as was my original intent so I let it go for double my money. ;) A couple pics I found in my archives...

Mossberg 500 uses a fairly simple model numbering system. 500A=12ga, 500B=16ga, 500C=20ga, 500D=28ga, 500E=.410". An additional letter at the end often has a meaning and I am guessing the "L" means "limited"? "TP" is "tactical police"? and are usually with a shorter barrel but don't quote me on that...

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

500al3.jpg

500al4.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I don't know much about this one or Mossbergs in general. Part of the reason I joined the forum. Mainly collect old German guns but this was too nice to pass up.
Yes the bolt is jeweled and it's 20ga. The seller is looking for the other chokes but no luck so far. The choke in the gun is not your typical shotgun choke in that it doesn't have notches for an internal fit choke wrench. There is a knurled outer section of the removable choke instead.

Back