• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500E .410 accessories?

FYI, the adjustable Blackhawk Knoxx SPECOPS NRS stock for the Mossberg 500's (K08200-C from WalMart, etc.) bolts right onto the Mossberg 500E (.410 pump). Very minor adjustments are needed to the plastic stock to make it just right (plastic protrusion interfering with the pump action release button, and excessive/unattractive overhang where the butt stock meets the gun's receiver). With much fiddling, the forend that comes with the stock can be modified to fit the 500E's also. REALLY!!! I DID THIS!!! :D

I like that cylinder bore barrel. I would like to find a used one for my 500 ,410. I got an Allen rifle cartridge holder with nine loops on it for five bucks at Tractor Supply. It slips right onto the buttstock.

You can get a new 18.5" cylinder bore barrel for the 500E (.410 pump) direct from Mossberg parts (Maverick Arms, Inc.). Call 1-800-363-3555 and order Item # 10003 (BBL ASM 410 18B NON-PRTD), costs about $67.00 + s/h of about $10.00. They are a direct source of Mossberg parts and are very friendly and helpful.

I ordered a couple of barrels from them today jsrlnd. Thanks for putting me onto them. I'll post photos when they arrive.

Here's a pic of my 500E 410 pump after I pimped it out a little: :shock: The adjustable pistol grip stock is a BLACKHAWK SPECOPS NRS from WalMart. It bolted right onto the Mossy with very minor trimming of the plastic needed for fit and finish. The forend came with the SPECOPS stock, but fitting it to a 500E was a difficult operation (PIA) which I can't begin to describe. However, once I got the forend fitted I added a 45-degree offset rail to the bottom of it for an adjustable 5-position front grip, which is angled 45-degrees to the left for personal comfort and preference. I fabricated a heat shield from an old ATI unit and attached it to the top of the forend. It has the 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Right now the front sight is a TRUGLO FAT BEAD (red/green), but I think a reflex sight is in my future after I add another rail to the top of the receiver. PS: I saved the old barrel and stocks "just in case..." :lol:

[URL=http://s850.photobucket.com/us...actical/Mossy500ETAC001_zpsb725b565.jpg[/img][/url]

Wow jsrlnd, that's a great looking gun. I prefer the more traditional wood and steel look I appreciate your heads up on where to get the cylinder bore barrel. I love it.

015b15b6eca2b58053f572a6916c69f89e2327373e_zpsba4d7901.jpg

I recently built a 410 Mossberg 590 shockwave. I ditched the shockwave grip and installed an Ergo grip/buffer tube adapter. Then I used an Ergo grip and an SB Tactical SBA4 brace. Topped the receiver off with a pict rail from Mossberg.

But I want a little more tacticool... anyone know who makes a side saddle other than the velcro versions? I have a Messa on my 870 12 ga. No where I look is there any more goodies :/

This is a great little rig for home defense with all the custom rounds they make for the Taurus Judge and S&W Gov pistol lines.

Can't answer your question but Welcome Aboard! :)

I WILL tell you that you better be showing us pictures of that gun and the work you've done on it or someone is going to be very angry! ;)

PS: upon further thought and reflection, maybe there is a rifle cartridge holder you could adapt since .410 is not that big in diameter. ATI and other companies make "screw on" shell holders but I don't know about .410...

Back