• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500E 410 forend

southboothbay kerry

.22LR
Elite Member
does anyone know of different wooden forends for the 410 it has short action slide. tried a rat tail from Havlin
but it was too long. I kept it any way, not letting it get away. I haven't been able to find a short forend or any different style ie. checkered,ribbed, Pedersen not interested in plastic I have been searching the web and haven't seen anything. does anyone know if it is even made?

I picked up a cob for the wife's 410 from Havlin a few years back. She also has the 500E and if I recall I had to get the extender nut. But it worked. Didn't have any luck with the short one but the current set up worked with a little sanding to make the extender nut fit.

well I was toying with getting this set up but duh never crossed my mind using a extended nut I have heard about it being used on a houge set up I think [may not be the right name] I found a forend with single arm attached it has checkered stock like the 12 16 20 but like I said single arm. doesn't seem to be much out there I'm waiting on a 18.5 barrel from Mossberg direct thanks for the new direction could I ask where you found it?

I belive I picked it home from havlinsales.com but it has been a while. Other places like Midway USA or Brownells or possibly even Hogue may have it. If you don't find it on their website I'd call customer service and ask for it.

I think it's correctly called : action slide tube forend adaptor nut or extender nut.

Also found this MO post which may help. I'll see if I can find my olf post about it and I did a few years back.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-size-forend-tube-do-i-need.13033/

Hope it helps bro. If u got any other questions just ask.

Last edited:
Back