• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

5500 mk 2 cycle problems

savage99f

Copper BB
I have a 5500 mk2 and it does not cycle with either a magnum barrel (.060 port hole) or the non magnum barrel(.073 port hole)both holes are clear ...gun fires first shell and does nothing after that ...I can manually eject the spent round and load the next round with no binding or problems ...the action seems smooth...the gas section is all there (4 parts ) all in good shape assembled like the picture I have the inner ring locked inside the outer ring and the outer ring is attached to the enertia weight ...I have used 1600 fps slugs and # 6 and #4 shot with both barrels and no cycling with either one ...I have the rings facing the way the pic shows ....would appreciate some help thanks for the help and this forum Pat

If I didnt put this in the right place let me know and I will repost it there

Attachments

• ring order.jpg
    ring order.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 77
Not sure if you resolved your issue or not, but I have an original 5500. Not the MKII.
I experienced the same issue and after much disgust, and even leaving it sitting in the safe for awhile, I finally looked over all components as though I was a QC inspector.
What I discovered is that the elevator had cracked on the right side. What gave it away was when I started to go through the trigger assembly, as it is the first piece to remove, it came off in two pieces. If not for that, I would never have noticed it.

Check that very closely as it may be what the issue is.

Both Halverson and Numrich have replacement elevators for about $7.00.

Let me know what you find.

Welcome squidmp,stop by the new members welcome area and introduce yourself. :)

Back