• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 - 50645 Questions

Boogs

.22LR
Just a few questions on the 50645....

Is the heat shield easily removed?
I would prefer to have it "without", and am considering selling the stock heat shield, while putting the money towards an aftermarket heat shield.

The bayonet lug, permanent?
I don't have a problem with it, I actually like it, but am concerned about mounting a light-- difficult to have both?

and my "burning question":
I've noticed a number of stock photos showing the bolt of the 50645 being polished, others, it appears "blued", is there an explanation for the variation?
Would much prefer the "blued" look but would be ordering and would prefer to not be surprised!

Thanks, all :mrgreen:

Boogs said:
Just a few questions on the 50645....

The bayonet lug, permanent?

Thanks, all :mrgreen:

I have a 590A1 and the bayonet lug is permanent unless you want to cut it off. I don't have a 590.

Heat shield is easily removed just gotta use a allen wrench.

Bayonet lug is permanent on both the 590's and 590a1's.

Yeah it's pretty much a toss up that some come blued and some come polished. Unless you get the parkerized 590.

shellslinger said:

Yeah it's pretty much a toss up that some come blued and some come polished. Unless you get the parkerized 590.

Referring to the 50660?

Boogs said:
shellslinger said:

Referring to the 50660?

Yeah the 50660 comes with a black bolt only.

Back