• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 #50778 versions

How come these 7-shots come in two flavors but same model number? One has a 1 shell tube extension and the other doesnt.

Mossberg is notorious for that.

Seems that there is no rhyme or reason for most of what they do in regards to their make/models.

Mossberg also makes some one off models inconjuction with various individuals or organizations. Latest example is the Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch offering.

Plus on back they offered for a short period of time a Shockwave with a true breacher barrel.

Some retailers only buy the standard configuration whereas others might have 2 or 3 different configurations of the same model.

Like John said, this is nothing new for Mossberg. Whatever sells guns!

Regards

Last edited:
On the 50778, which I have - there are two versions - one was the 'older' 5-shot tube with a factory +1, one is the factory 6-shot tube (which I believe is from the 935? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Newer production should be factory one piece 6 shot tube (should be) - I added an S&J +1 on mine and its now a 7+1 and the extension is bringing it to about 1/2" short of being flush with the barrel

Back