• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 A1 Tight Forend

gthorp

Copper BB
I replaced my 590 A1 stock and forend with a compstock kit. The forend was much tighter and had alot of resistance while pulling back. I reinstalled the original forend but the resistance is still tight. Not nearly as loose as original. Any ideas?
Thanks

I don't think it is the forend that is the problem. However, we need to clear up what each of us considers to be the forend:

I call the forend: The actual grip that you hold when racking the slide.

Some call the forend: The slide tube assembly that actually is part of the mechanical process within the receiver.

If it is difficult to rack the slide, I think your slide tube assembly may need to be polished or fitted to properly fit the channels machined within the receiver. Just my $0.02

I would disassemble the action and forend again to make sure everything was put back together properly. There could be something out of place inside the action that is binding up...

Thanks. It appears to be just a time issue. I oiled it and it took a couple of days for the oil to get where it needed to be.

Back