• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Nightstick

Scooby

.22LR
I saw on the Mossberg website that they have come. Out with a new version of the shockwave called the 590 Nightstick. Looks like a Shockwave with wood grip and forend. I have seen some aftermarket wood grips and forends and they give the gun a classy look.

It looks like Mossberg may have another winner on their hands.

Yeah, I think most of us old guys here prefer wood furniture over plastic stuff.

It's not really that plastic doesn't have its' place because it does. But it's hard to beat a classic dark walnut gloss that goes better with deep blue steel and black anodizing.

Just FWIW, I watched a video recently where Mossberg is going to release a retro 590 complete with old style bayonet lug and walnut. They're not cheap, but they sure look nice.

It does have a classic look to it.....

View attachment 19385

Certainly should at this price. Will be interesting to see the actual street price versus the original "plastic" shockwave.

Some time ago i ask if anyone had actually seen a 590M. Suspect it's price point plus extra magazine cost has certainly limited it's interest. Our LGS has not even stocked any due to lack of interest.

Regards

My shockwave journey has been:
Wowza gotta get one
Hmmm im not sure
A 20 bore oh for sure need it now.
Meh , lemme see that 500deluxe wood combo instead
Yeah im over it now
WHaT !!!! In wood now ?? Oh my I do like that ;)
The SAGA continues thanks mossberg , lol

Its definitely the perfect looking classic Shockwave - I have been going back and forth about them since they came out and I think I finally found one I want to buy

I really wish that Mossberg would sell the wood furniture featured on the Nightstick Model separately, as I honestly prefer wood furniture over plastic, and would love to outfit my Shockwave with some. Walnut make look a bit strange alongside the FDE Cerakote finish, but then again it might make for quite the striking combination of natural tones.

Black Aces Tactical offers aftermarket American Walnut furniture for the Shockwave, but it costs $200, is checked rather than a corncob style, and lacks the safety strap on the foregrip.

I really wish that Mossberg would sell the wood furniture featured on the Nightstick Model separately, as I honestly prefer wood furniture over plastic, and would love to outfit my Shockwave with some. Walnut make look a bit strange alongside the FDE Cerakote finish, but then again it might make for quite the striking combination of natural tones.

Black Aces Tactical offers aftermarket American Walnut furniture for the Shockwave, but it costs $200, is checked rather than a corncob style, and lacks the safety strap on the foregrip.

I'm sure you could sell you're "plastic" Shockwave to offset the cost of a Nightstick. Probably the cheapest way to upgrade.

Regards

Nah, I got this Shockwave as a Christmas gift from my family, and have grown fond of the FDE Cerakote finish. I don't want the Nightstick, just the wood grips that are fitted to it so that I can add them to my own.

Back