• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 reassembly so difficult for me

M590A1Eagle

Copper BB
I usually don't ask for help on forums but this time I just have to.
Ive owned many firearms in the past decades but never have I been stumped as to how to reassemble a shotgun after cleaning as I've been with my new Mossberg 590A1.
I really like the gun but I am u able to get it reassembled properly after I disassembled n cleaned it. The biggest problem is getting the cartridge sop n interrupter back in.
So feeling like fool I took it to my trusted gunshot/gunsmith..... He had it back together in 30 seconds.... But was kind of busy so I didn't ask for a demo how he did it... Just can't believe I'm so paranoid now about trying it myself.
I've looked for good You tube video on how to reassemble it but the only ones I found seem to breeze by the reassembly as if to show that they know how to do it...n the camera angles are bad .
Does anyone know of a good reassembly video... Mossberg manual is not working for me either...never have had such a problem.... Help

skip to 52:02.... my videos are awesome.
Yep.. Much better video than I had looked at previously..
Still looks inherently difficult even as you demonstrated-
I'll try it soon but I wish it were easier.... Guess I'm just too spoiled with cleaning n reassembly of my Beretta M9 n hate messing with something so finicky in reassembly.... Oh well.
Hopefully I can get it to be routine like with my other firearms Thanks

Yep.. Much better video than I had looked at previously..
Still looks inherently difficult even as you demonstrated-
I'll try it soon but I wish it were easier.... Guess I'm just too spoiled with cleaning n reassembly of my Beretta M9 n hate messing with something so finicky in reassembly.... Oh well.
Hopefully I can get it to be routine like with my other firearms Thanks

It's really not that hard at all. A little practice and patience the first few go arounds. I find getting a Remington 870 back together much more involved. But I wouldn't classify anything as "inherently difficult".

Cowboy up.

Magnets help hold the int and stop in place. Receiver is aluminum and they magnets hold the parts in place while putting the trigger group in.

You can always put a very small dab of gun grease on them and they stick to the side wall of the receiver. One of them has a pin that fits into the receiver and this helps as well. It works best if the receiver is on a level surface and sitting perpendicular to the work surface with the bottom side of the receiver At 12 o'clock. Once you've done it a few times you'll get the hang of it.
One more pointer. You can insert 2 or 3 fingers of one hand into the receiver to hold them against the sidewall as you put the trigger group back in place with the other hand. I find that inserting the trigger group is best done by inserting the tabs at the front in first at about a 45 degree angle and then closing it like you would close a lid.
Check out a video on YouTube called "Mossberg 500 Disassembly" by DVD Tracker it shows all you need to know.

Last edited:
Back