• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Receiver

Boogs

.22LR
Just went to check out the 590 SP I ordered.

Everything looked good, but the receiver seemed to have a weird mark on the side opposite of the ejection port.

It looked as if there was a sticker on it (very symmetrical rectangle), but it was removed prior to shipping. There was no residue, it just looked a little off in color and the only reason I accepted it was due to its symmetry.

I tried to work it off with a little Rem-Oil wipe the employee behind the counter provided me with, and it looked to break it up a little bit but not completely

Any ideas what this? Normal? Model is 50660

Would you be able to post up some pictures for us to view?

Tomorrow, I can.

I'm assuming, based off your response-- Mossberg does not put stickers on their receivers?

I've seen plenty ship with decals on the stock, but never on the receiver.

Where was your 590 shipped from? Could have been a sticker from another store or perhaps a distributor...

That's what I was thinking..

I special ordered it through Dicks, I had a bunch of gift cards I wanted to properly utilize, so I did.

Not sure who they order from, but I'm going to guess that's the case-- shouldn't be hard to get the "ghost outline" of it off that park finish.... right :|

Back