• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 shockwave wood furniture

You guys got me thinking of making a wood stock and foregrip.
Just a point of thought. I have always used brass wool, rather than steel, because brass won't rust. Small residue of steel wool will rust quick.
You two did some beautiful work.

Man the idea of crafting a birdshead grip from an old stock still freaks me out from a legal perspective.is all that matters whether or not it can be shouldered? I'm just hung upon the fact that it once 'was' a stock

Man the idea of crafting a birdshead grip from an old stock still freaks me out from a legal perspective.is all that matters whether or not it can be shouldered? I'm just hung upon the fact that it once 'was' a stock

I thought about that, too, but I relaxed about it pretty quickly. Yes, before it was a wooden grip, it was a full shoulder stock. But it was also full sized tree before it was a shoulder stock. I rough-cut a piece of wood into a bird's head shape before I ever test fit it to the receiver. The ATF doesn't like it, they can kindly go outlaw trees.

Dark is right you at not putting a stock on it your putting a tree on it. I don't know how you could shoulder a tree.

The important thing is that it's not a tree anymore, or a stock anymore.

It's a grip.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I think that if you cut the stock down to the grip size BEFORE you mount it on the Shockwave then you are not mounting a stock on the gun, just a piece of wood. If you mount the stock onto the gun, you have magically made a SBS. I know how ridiculous this sounds but welcome to the world of BATFE.

And remember.......they're everywhere.....they're everywhere. They know if you've been naughty or nice. And they are watching YOU.....:gman:

So while searching eBay I found a seller that makes the wood furniture. Yes the foregrip is the same length. I'm sure he is about to order more because I just bought the last one that will fit the Shockwave. Here is the link to the item I ordered. At least you can message the seller and tell him you would like one too. The price was just under $150.00 for the wood birds head grip and foregrip. Cheers gentlemen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOSSBERG-59...o-Stain-/172796536485?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Yah, found him awhile ago, he refused to sell just the grip, and he rtefuses to sell it unfinished, also it comes from thailand.

Anyway, $150 is way too rich for my blood on that, so, I spent $35 on some wood and will spend some time.

All I'm gonna say right now is some of you folks are a bad influence. Stay tuned. I might have some updates on sunday.

I don't think his birdshead grip is the right shape. His is too straight, but we can expect to see more aftermarket things become available, and we are ready, willing and able to take 'em all on.
Stallone Thumbs Up resize.jpg

Last edited:
Yah, found him awhile ago, he refused to sell just the grip, and he rtefuses to sell it unfinished, also it comes from thailand.

Anyway, $150 is way too rich for my blood on that, so, I spent $35 on some wood and will spend some time.

All I'm gonna say right now is some of you folks are a bad influence. Stay tuned. I might have some updates on sunday.
Ya, I checked all the measurements and reviewed all of his history with sales. He's been quite helpful to me so I decided to pull the trigger. Removing the varnish will be a piece of cake. I definitely will show pics when it's done. As of right now I have a 6 shell side saddle and a picatinny rail on the top.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AMIGO, we are with you. This group loves everything that's about the Shockwave. Thanks for joining the group and we want to see everything you do. How about some pictures.

Back