• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 sights for a rail

Hi guys,
Im new to the forum, My names Chris and I live in England UK. I work for a RFD (registerd firearms dealer) and recently purchased myself a 590 A1. We have some diffrent rules than the US so have to have a fitted muzzle brake to get the barrel to UK legal legnth for shotguns 24" barrel. I fitted a Mesa tactical 20" rail tonight and a set of magpul BUIS. Any Idea what the best red dot to fit is? Hopefully something that will co-witness to the iron sights

404289255.jpg

Kind regards

Chris

Aimpoint Micro T-1

Not sure about a co-witness sight picture, but it looks as if you have folding sights so it shouldn't matter.

Ever thought about getting a 24" tactical turkey?

Best = Aimpoint or Trijicon

Close to the best = Eotech (I've heard enough bad stuff about them to not include then in the top tier but many would argue that)

Cheap but not junk - Primary Arms red dot.

With the std height AR sights setting it up for cowitness should not be a problem.

Cheers for the info guys, Love my Eotech on my 9mm Ar15 but your the second lot of people to say go for an aimpoint T1 so spoke to a few guys today and orderd one in. Got a Laru aimpoint base so I can co witness it with the back up sights. Also orders an Eotech integrated forend light unit and a Mossberg speed feed stock. Plus my mate gave me a smith and wesson M9 from his collection so im quite happy with the overall look :) will never use the M9 but looks cool :)

That's gonna look great!

I personally have heard the opposite about the EOTechs vs. the Acog from a friend in the Navy. He's a SeaBee and was deployed to special operations bases in iraq. He said given the choice, operators he knew prefered the EOTech over the Acog. He mentioned it seemed Acog always came back bein held on with tape.

Haven't heard any similar stories about the Aimpoint and would agree it certainly seems to be a top tier optic.

Guys,
Having orderd a speed feed stock and it arriving on Monday I dindnt like it so sold it to a guy at my shooting range for his 500. So with that I broke out my credit card and went on a little spending spree. Orderd a steel trigger unit, Mesa tactical LEO adapter, Magpul UBR, Magpul mission adaptive grip, GG&G smooth friction follower, Wolf mag spring & a single point sling. Need to wait for the trigger as its from the US. Most of the other parts were in stock except for the UBR stock. Hopefully it will all be here in the next few weeks for my rebuild. In the meantime I orderd myself a new 10/22 with a Nordic components chassie, houge forend and a 6 point collapsable stock.Spoke to my boss and he's going to take the barrel down on the 10/22 to 12" and thread it for a Noveske kx3. Once I fit a kidd trigger hopefully it will do well as my speed steel shoot gun. Just need to make sure the wife doesnt work out what I spent

No NFA tax form required mate. In the UK minimum barrel legal legnth for a rifle is 12" as long as when the stock is fitted the over all legnth of the rifle is 24" its legal.

Ahh, that's what I get for paying attention. :lol:

That's awesome! Good luck with the project and be sure to post up some pics when she's done...

Will do, Wish I lived in the US. Really miss pistols. Since the pistol ban in the UK only short guns I get to shoot are black powder. I have a few LBR's (Long barrel revolvers) all Taurus with a 12" barrel. There ok but it just isnt the same. I quite like the NAA .22 cap and ball I got my wife last year but its her gun and she dont want me shooting it. I still beat her hands down at the AK shoot we did a few months back. She couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with my saiga 7.62x39 but it cost me a saiga .223 as she liked it better and my boss had one in stock so I ended up footing the bill. Hopefully I will get back out to the states next year. I normaly go for a couple weeks pistol and machine gun shooting in Las Vagas each year. It just depends on if I can get the time off work.

All the best

Chris

Back