• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Tactical Flex - is it a Flex

Deniz

Copper BB
Hi all,

I just bought a 590 Tactical Flex this weekend and I’ve been reading my butt off on it. I guess I should have read more from what I see before I got it. I bought it for home defense and to have the ability to swap to do some occasional hunting. I started looking for barrels and it seems that the 500 barrels don’t fit???? Is there another route to go? Am I going to have to swap out the magazine tube out as well so I can use the 500 barrel? As a tactical gun it looks and feels great.....alittle disappoint in the Flex part of it. Thoughts?

What model number do you have?

Model 590 configurations are all set up for 20" barrels. The 590A1 line has 18.5" barreled models that will interchange with model 835 hunting barrels. If yours is a standard 590 with a 20" barrel then yes, you will need to swap out the mag tube set-up to the 5 round model 500 mag tube in order to use the model 500 hunting barrels...

I don't have model number with me but its the Tactical with the 20" barrel. Why can the one with the 18.5" use the 835? Does it have the 8 shot mag or 6 shot?

I don't have model number with me but its the Tactical with the 20" barrel.

Then yes, you will need to replace the mag tube set-up to use any of the model 500 or 835 hunting barrels...

Why can the one with the 18.5" use the 835? Does it have the 8 shot mag or 6 shot?

Yes, the 18.5" 590A1 barrel uses a 6-shot mag tube with the same cap set-up as the 835...

Congrats on your flex deniz. And welcome to m.o. Got the same one and love it. Such a solid gun and there isn't a better pump shot gun imo.

Back