• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590-White Light Mount

IMR

Copper BB
I bought a new Mossberg 590 a few weeks ago and am in the process of getting it "Home Defense" ready.

I cut 3/4" off the stock and put a slip on Limbsaver butt pad on it, to make it 13" LOP.
It now shoulders a lot nicer than the factory 14 1/4" LOP stock.

Just mounted a esstac SKD Tactical shell holder on the receiver with Industrial strength velcro. It's a 7 shot card, but I cut it down to six.

What I need to do now, is mount a white light. I have a Streemlight TLR-1, so I need a rail type of mount.
I've thought about using a short Magpul rail to mount to the upper end of the forearm. Has anybody here done that to their's?

Thanks,

Eric

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Thanks fellas!
I do need to take a few pics of the 590... with M7 bayonet or without?

It has the OEM forend. Think I'll take it off and install a short piece of rail to the upper end. It would look like the railed GG&G forend... that cost around $100.00
I don't believe I'd care for the mounts that attach around the mag tube.

LES, I've seen the Mako Group forend. It has too many rails for me. I just want a short one on the left side of the forend.
Thanks

I surely will!

I might have to drill holes and use short wood screws... don't think they'll be enough room to use nuts to secure the allen head screws on the inside of forend without interfering with the mag tube.

Thanks for the link!

I believe I can countersink the nuts on the inside of the forearm, so nothing will touch the mag tube.

Back