• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 18.5" Accessory Add-on Help

I'm brand new to the gun world and will pickup my 590A1 this Friday. I'm excited to setup my shotgun for Home Defense use. Any suggestions on extensions for the magazine tube and lighting system? This looks like a cool setup that I downloaded.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370929048.687136.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370929048.687136.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 522
Re: 590A1 18.5

Welcome aboard from PA. I hope you take some time to post at the new members area.

I have an 18.5" and really like the S&J Hardware 2 round extension. Very good quality piece. It came with a new spring and follower too. The spring needs trimmed to length. I can't help you with the lighting but I'm sure others will chime in.

welcome from NY and congrats on you new soon to be mossy. :)

CarbineMike speaks the truth, the S&J Hardware is the best extension on the market for the 590a1. My advice to you is to shoot your weapon first and spend tons of hours researching light options because weapon lights are like pistol sights. Everyone is different and you must find way works for you and your application

I have an 18.5" 590A1 and have added a S&J Hardware extension. I also have a CDM Gear MTR rail with a Streamlight TLR-1 light.

7a4y5ane.jpg

Thanks everyone for the advice. This is exactly the help I was hoping for. The local shops in my area have no accessories for the 590's nor do they help with suggestions. I've read a little on the Choate +2 Magazine Extension as well. Thoughts on the S&J vs Choate +2.

I'd also check out the tactical/home defense section of this forum. I put up a 1 hour video of what you should consider for a home defense shotgun and accessories.

Here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5824

I have no experience with the Choate. I can add that on top of finding the S&J hardware extension to fit great and have a finish that matches the Mossberg parkerizing, S&J was great to deal with. My emails were promptly answered and they even gave me free shipping even though the offer for that had ended.

I don't want MO to be one of those boards where the answer is "look it up" but since I can't comment on the Choate I believe the info you seek is in here:
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3127

Also, I will +1 for Water Monkey's great video...well worth the time.

Water Monkey said:
I'd also check out the tactical/home defense section of this forum. I put up a 1 hour video of what you should consider for a home defense shotgun and accessories.

Here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5824

Picked up my 500A1 yesterday and I used your video to disassemble, clean and reassemble my 590A1. The manual that came in the box was useless. Couldn't have done it without your help. Now to learn how to shoot it properly. Thanks

Here's a start to shooting it that one of the other mods helped me with:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq74aiXn1b4[/youtube]

There are many options for lighting setups. It depends on your budget and how you want to mount the light. It can be accomplished for as little as $25 to over $200. Like it was mentioned already, you need to do a lot of research and decide what would work best for you.

Back