• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 cracked elevator posts

ybrik

Just got to use my 590A1 yesterday. It's my first shotgun and first time to fire one.
Ran 7rds of 1oz. slugs and was surprised it really kicked my right shoulder.
Shoot trap and ran 50rds of 7.5-shot Dove & Clay.

So while doing detailed cleaning, I noticed this cracked post when viewed from inner side of elevator.
They are still intact but I'm pretty sure those would eventually fall off in one of my range sessions.

Anyone had the same issue?

aYxqaoz.jpg

yGVdplB.jpg

Looking to have this replaced by Mossberg, considering I'm up north of the border.

I wouldn't trust that to last much longer. Ask them to send you a new one that they first hand pick and inspect.

It's a zero force part. It's pressed in and peened. There's nothing to crack. If it bothers you, take a pin and scrape the cracked finish off.

It's a zero force part. It's pressed in and peened. There's nothing to crack. If it bothers you, take a pin and scrape the cracked finish off.
I will check out this one. I haven't seen parkerized finish cracking on this one though.

Back