• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 magazine retainer detent ball and spring

Hello, I never posted to any type of forum but I have a question for seasoned Mossberg owners.
After cleaning my 590A1 the small ball and spring at the end of the barrel bracket (where the magazine cap is secured) fell out. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something I can repair myself? And if so, where can I get the parts? Thanks in advance.

Re: 590A1 magazine retainer decant ball and spring

welcome to the forum from NY. not really sure of what you mean,,,,,any chance of posting a pic of the shotgun where it's missing?

Sounds like your barrel cap detent spring and ball fell out...it is used to keep tension on the magizine cap to keep it from backing off.. You can fix it your self if you have an auto center punch or an extra set of hands to help you.

I tried uploading a photo but unsuccessful. KentuckyWindage I believe you are correct. How do I get the parts? I will continue to try to post a pic.

Nah mossy, he's missing a small detent and spring.

I'd definitely call Mossberg Customer Service and ask that they sent you replacements...

(800) 363-3555

Let us know if you have any issues and we'll do what we can to help...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nah mossy, he's missing a small detent and spring.

I'd definitely call Mossberg Customer Service and ask that they sent you replacements...

(800) 363-3555

Let us know if you have any issues and we'll do what we can to help...

oops.......that's why you get the big buck's :D

What?!

Are people getting paid to do this? :lol:

I will call Mossberg Monday. Thanks to those who replied, much appreciated.

Good deal.

Looking forward to your update...

After 8 attempts to get through to Mossberg today, I gave up. So nothing to report. However, Brownells mentioned a wave washer as an alternative. Does anyone have any info on this fix?

Sorry to see you're having issues getting through.

I know they've been swamped lately. We've got a contact at Mossberg that has agreed to help us out with issues like this. Send Joe an e-mail and he'll get you taken care of...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Well, I went out and purchased a Mossberg 930 JM Series 24 Tactical today. Cheers!

SWEET, congrats!

Those JM Pro's were hard to find even before all the buying frenzy craziness started. Be sure to post up some pics in the 930 section...

don't forget the pics when you get a chance. :)

Attachments

• 1_frog-congrats.gif
    1_frog-congrats.gif
    113.4 KB · Views: 453
By the way, I've heard about ammunition problems with the 930 JM Tactical. Any advice before I take it out to the range? What can I shoot? 00, slugs? Thanks!

Back