• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Mariner receiver finish issue

Gronk

See attached photos: these are images of the inside of the receiver. As you can see there is some bubbling of the Marinecote finish inside the receiver, just wondering if this is normal or if I should be concerned. I have shot less than 150 rounds through it so far, mostly 00 buck shot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414860836.025133.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414860851.756897.jpg

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

I myself would Not worry about it. But that's just me.

I've seen that on one other Mariner. Don't know if its common but it has certainly happened before.

It is not going to hurt anything. Maybe replace it under warranty, otherwise don't worry.

The bolt assemblies commonly put wear marks like that on the inside of receivers.

Like the others have said, I wouldn't worry about it...

I'm thinking it's a combination of heat and rubbing from the bolt

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

The bolt assemblies put wear marks like that on the inside of receivers.

Very True, however this is not wear but bubbling/peeling.

The phosphate and blued finishes cannot be applied to the aluminum receiver. Therefore Mossberg receivers are anodized/Duracoated/whatever. This is why on the old 590s you'll notice the receiver is black and everything else is gray

The electroless-nickel mystery finish of the Mariner is the only one that can be applied to aluminum. Starting to think maybe it doesn't stick well.

Back