• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 model 53690 3 dot sight's accuracy observations?

Hi there folks this is my first post here. I have been a 590 and now a 590A1 fan for many years now. currently I have a 590a1 mariner that I gun koted flat black with a marble arms trijicon bead. My old guy eyes arent picking up that monster bead and the center of the reciver relationship like it used to. So I am entertaining getting some sort of sighting arrangement equipped 590A1. how adjustable is the dot system on the 53690? and are you guys happy with the sight pictures ease of aquisition? I compensate for myopia on rifles with all sort of aperature approaches. on handguns I rely on 3 dot arrangements to compesate for near sightedness. Any input or suggestions on this sight or other mossberg sight options is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Welcome aboard Sir.

I don't have any personal experience with Mossberg's 3-dot sights, but have you considered adding a receiver rail and an MRDS? Might be an easier fix than replacing the barrel. I run a SightMark Mini Shot on my 590 and it has really improved my accuracy over the standard bead...

Sightmark Mini Shot Holographic Reflex Sight Review

I had the 3 dot on my 590a1, but it's no longer there, honestly I never took it out to see how accurate it was beforehand, Sorry.
The front sight is adjustable more so than the rear, the front has the typical dovetail, so does the rear, but the rear sight has a rounded base so adjustments are somewhat limited if at all.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3658&p=47564#p47564

Here is a thread I started looking for a taller front sight, it will give you an idea on how the 3 dot looks.
Best of luck!

I have the 3 dot on my A1. I didn't intend to get it but Buds gun shop surprised me with it. Now, I've only shot it once, did 100 target loads and 25 2&3/4 Remington slugs between me and my buddy. Also, it was only the First time I fired a 12 Gauge. My range is only 50 yards for shotgun no other option. I found it to be very accurate. The slugs were all over the targets but all 25 were on paper. I attribute the lack of grouping to my lack of experience but I would venture to say that if all 25 hit the paper at 50 yards from two novice shotgun shooters, it's accurate.

Back