• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590a1, Mossberg Customer Service Issues

So, got my 590a1 in January. First Mossberg I've owned. The barrel, bolt, and mag tube had a bunch of rust in it. After calling twice and having to email a bunch of pictures to one of the service guys, they finally emailed me a label and I sent it back. 5 weeks later I get the firearm and they did not address the mag tube. Still full of rust. I contacted Mossberg again and the answer was; I could send the gun back for another 6-8 weeks, send the mag tube in and wait for them to send me a new one, or fix it myself. They were rather rude when I mentioned any form of compensation for my time. I didn't feel it was too much to ask considering I've had the gun for two+ months and had nothing but trouble out of it. Haven't even fired it once. Not to mention the options they gave me required a fair deal of effort on my part.
I'll fix the gun myself, not an overly difficult process but I didn't expect a name like Mossberg to have these problems. Anybody have similar issues in the past? Any advise moving forward with this issue? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

More info needed... Who did you buy it from? Could they not help you? Sounds like it might have sat on a shelf for a while and developed the rust you describe. What is the mfg date on the box?

Is the mag tube easy to get off? By this I mean can you just unscrew it by hand? If so you can easily clean the mag tube. It should be done anyway. Put on a light application of oil after you’ve thoroughly cleaned it out. Once you have it off you may want to upgrade the follower while your at it. There are many aftermarket followers out there I use MCARBO’s stainless steel followers.

Back